Someone took my legs

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Someone took my legs

Postby painprincess1 » Wed May 21, 2014 11:37 am

So I got up feeling sore to the touch. My little one was two yesterday so was a busy day.then dad asked me to walk his dog as he had to be somewhere. Now for me walking always makes me feel better if I'm alittle rough in the am.so off I went and I enjoyed it, when I got back omg my legs cramped up and pins and needles and turned to jelly.never had it this bad. My poor mum has a chest infarction so I told her to go back to bed she said I feel guilty with u like u are. I said look mum I'm always going to be like this so u might as well get used to it.go bed lol.
Two months till I see Nero counting days .
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member
 
Posts: 867
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:38 pm
Location: near london

Re: Someone took my legs

Postby Theresa34 » Wed May 21, 2014 11:42 am

Walking and movement helps me too but I had something similar happen to me on Saturday. I was feeling pretty bad as I woke up later than usual amd didnt do much but sit, which is the worst thing to do! So I went for a short walk. When I got back my left thigh felt like it had spasms in it. I've had back spasms but not that. Thought it was very strange. I walked slowly so shouldn't have happened. Im ok now though and still walking kids to school :)
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member
 
Posts: 776
Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:44 pm

Re: Someone took my legs

Postby marie marrison » Wed May 21, 2014 12:16 pm

I have constant pain in my knees and legs, from the moment I wake up to the moment I go to bed, I tried to walk with my stick as much as can but some days there so painful that the only place for me is the sofa :(
marie marrison
UKFM Member
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 7:38 pm

Re: Someone took my legs

Postby migrembe » Wed May 21, 2014 12:58 pm

I have a left sided weakness sufficient for the docs to think i had had a stroke, but no its just the FMS grrrr
migrembe
UKFM Member
 
Posts: 429
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:23 am

Re: Someone took my legs

Postby tich » Wed May 21, 2014 1:52 pm

I have had this for the last few years sometime it feels like im walking on sponges. It all my right side thats afected but over the last week my right knee has been giving me a lot of pain so much so im thinking of getting an automatic car.its the spasms i fnd hardest to deal with.
tich
UKFM Member
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:25 pm

Re: Someone took my legs

Postby hippychick » Wed May 21, 2014 9:48 pm

I reckon that same someone often hijacks my legs too :crazy: In fact I was back at the hospital for my neurology follow up only last week after having been seen by her originally in July last year suffering with 'intermittent shaky legs'! Now, unfortunately for me, well more for the doc really, the shaky legs don't seem to have any rhyme or reason for them and of course, they never perform when you really want them too, like in front of the doc :-?

Anyhoo, it was pointless trying to keep a shaky leg diary because they've been so rare I wouldn't even have had a half a page of dates to tell the neuro consultant. She'd sent me for blood tests and an MRI scan which were all done by September and I'd already received my copy of her report that she'd sent to my GP as well so knew there wasn't going to be any new news for my follow up appointment last week.

However, she was able to put my mind at rest about my feeling like a true weirdo with the 'internal shaking' I feel most of the time. I take Quiet Life tablets all the time to try and lessen this weird feeling. Have to say I felt such an idiot saying this internal shaking business out loud to an actual doctor, (never bothers me saying this to another fibromite of course because we all know how weird we are :chicken-dance: ), but she took me quite seriously bless her and when she got me to hold my hands and arms straight out in front of me she could see a slight tremor in my right hand! I have to say that there is also the same slight tremor visible in my left hand too, but it wasn't on last Wednesday :crazy: You all know what we're like, something can be playing up one day and hiding the next, then back again a week later.

Doc said she could prescribe me some Propanaol, (a beta blocker effective for Parkinson's tremors and the like),but if I was content sticking to my Quiet Life tablets, then she wouldn't bother. Well quite frankly I wouldn't be able to take that anyhoo since it's not advisable for asthmatics of which I'm one.

I even mentioned my double vision that comes and goes. Like many others on this site, I've had blurred vision when my eyes get tired for ages and it's especially annoying when I'm trying to focus on something like any of my craft projects coz I have to keep taking a break till the eyes sort themselves out again. But the actual double vision is a fairly recent thing having only started in February.

I initially thought it was something to do with the sunlight as I hobbled with my hubby, son and grandson as we walked our puppy down by the river Stour where my son and his family live. The sun was peeping through the trees as we went and everything began to look like it was one and half times it's original if you get what I mean? Anyhoo, it sorted itself out and I thought no more about it until...it happened again and this time while I was reading my kindle in bed laying down! It's since happened when I first open my eyes first thing in the morning, but not too often and defo not regularly. It happened the Sunday before my neurologist's appointment while we were at the zoo with my son, DIL and grandson and that was the final straw for me. Decided to mention it to a medical bod after all.

Upshot of a further examination is that while it could be something to possibly needing a different specs prescription, (I'm not due for another eye test till November really), she seems to think that it could also be.......guess what's coming here folks......COULD be yet another bl**dy thing courtesy of FIBRO! Quelle surprise :pull-hair: It does make sense because our eyes are controlled by muscles and fibro affects our muscles so it follows that the eye muscles can also get lazy and tired and not always let our eyes align properly. Funny how it only affects me either standing upright or laying down and has never happened whilst sitting down, (well not thus far anyhoo).

I wonder if any of you also have this internal shaking malarkey as well as your legs going wobbly? Oh and believe it or not....I had another wobbly leg job 3 days after seeing the neurologist last Wednesday.....typical!

Gentle huggles,
Hippy
User avatar
hippychick
UKFM Member
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:26 am
Location: Essex/Greater London Borders

Re: Someone took my legs

Postby lovesbubbles » Thu May 22, 2014 12:42 am

My fibro is also in my legs (hips, knees, ankles) with it being predominantly in my right side.

I have had fibro for over 15 years and 2 years ago it came back and knocked me off my feet. After 2 yrs of checks for arthritis, ms etc
It turns out I am very deficient in vit D, which causes muscle and bone pain! Will see if the supplements sort it out.

I have been telling my GP that it just did not feel like fibro. Was the neurologist who organised the Vit D test. I thought a blood test checked for everything, apparently not.

Just something else for you to bear in mind if you have an unexplained flare. As most of us with fibro don't get out too much, makes me wonder why this is screened routinely

BTW where on the river stour
lovesbubbles
UKFM Member
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:56 am

Re: Someone took my legs

Postby hippychick » Thu May 22, 2014 7:34 am

lovesbubbles wrote:My fibro is also in my legs (hips, knees, ankles) with it being predominantly in my right side.

I have had fibro for over 15 years and 2 years ago it came back and knocked me off my feet. After 2 yrs of checks for arthritis, ms etc
It turns out I am very deficient in vit D, which causes muscle and bone pain! Will see if the supplements sort it out.

I have been telling my GP that it just did not feel like fibro. Was the neurologist who organised the Vit D test. I thought a blood test checked for everything, apparently not.

Just something else for you to bear in mind if you have an unexplained flare. As most of us with fibro don't get out too much, makes me wonder why this is screened routinely

BTW where on the river stour


It's the part of the Stour at Wimborne near Wimborne Market and the new housing development, the name of which currently escapes me. The new housing development backs on to my son's garden so he's very close to the river but thankfully wasn't close enough to be affected by the flooding albeit the main road into Wimborne always has a mini flood when there's torrential rain :-?

Ah ha! Just had a lightbulb moment, (about as rare as hen's teeth :roll: ), and think the name of the new housing estate being built by Charles Church is something like Waters Edge?

Gentle huggles,
Hippy
User avatar
hippychick
UKFM Member
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:26 am
Location: Essex/Greater London Borders

Re: Someone took my legs

Postby Lindilou » Thu May 22, 2014 9:56 am

marie marrison wrote:I have constant pain in my knees and legs, from the moment I wake up to the moment I go to bed, I tried to walk with my stick as much as can but some days there so painful that the only place for me is the sofa :(


Likewise, I only walked to Tesco last Friday (about a 5 min walk and 5 min back) OMG the pain was even worse the next day and nothing I do/try etc works. :(
Lindilou
 

Re: Someone took my legs

Postby lovesbubbles » Thu May 22, 2014 1:41 pm

Hippy, you are not a great distance from me then, I am at the end of the river in Lymington and lived in Christchurch for many years. Do they still have the market?
M x
lovesbubbles
UKFM Member
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:56 am

Re: Someone took my legs

Postby hippychick » Fri May 23, 2014 8:20 pm

lovesbubbles wrote:Hippy, you are not a great distance from me then, I am at the end of the river in Lymington and lived in Christchurch for many years. Do they still have the market?
M x


Ohhhh I think I AM MILES FROM YOU :crazy: Probably about ohh.... let me see.....about 150 miles :chicken-dance: Because it's my son and his family who live in Wimborne. We live on the outskirts of London/Essex border :lol: :lol: :lol: But I do so love the time we can spend in Dorset with my darling little grandson and my son and his wife too of course :-)

They do still have the market but we've seen it change quite a bit over the 6 years since my son and his wife moved there. Friday is now also a Farmer's market, Saturday has a boot sale aswell as the usual resident stalls and Sunday's pretty much the usual stalls. But the last hall, (hall 4 I think it is), is now an antique market open 7 days a week! They still have coach loads of folk turning up there though to have a wander around the market. I used to love taking my old Mini Schnauzer round the market coz he was such a good little chap but we lost him last June. I haven't been able to walk our new Mini Schnauzer puppy around it, (or anywhere else alone yet), because he's still too strong willed for me to be able to manage him. I long for the day he'll calm down and be prepared to walk at my hobbling speed :dogrun1:

Gentle huggles,
Hippy
User avatar
hippychick
UKFM Member
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:26 am
Location: Essex/Greater London Borders

Re: Someone took my legs

Postby Lindilou » Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:56 pm

Last week I took a walk to Tesco again - no pain. Today I did the same and in agony , why ?
Lindilou
 

Re: Someone took my legs

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:04 pm

Lindilou wrote:Last week I took a walk to Tesco again - no pain. Today I did the same and in agony , why ?

I wish I could give you an answer that was something very different to it being because it's FM and that's what it does to us :( :( :( :( I could rattle off a host of possible reasons too, like carrying more stuff back than you did on your previous trip, but we'd end up back at the same point again :( :( :( :( :(

Hope things are a little less agonising after some resting :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
User avatar
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN
 
Posts: 12719
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:25 am
Location: Living Life On The Edge.......Of The Norty Step!!!

Re: Someone took my legs

Postby Lindilou » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:52 am

FluppyPuffy wrote:
Lindilou wrote:Last week I took a walk to Tesco again - no pain. Today I did the same and in agony , why ?

I wish I could give you an answer that was something very different to it being because it's FM and that's what it does to us :( :( :( :( I could rattle off a host of possible reasons too, like carrying more stuff back than you did on your previous trip, but we'd end up back at the same point again :( :( :( :( :(

Hope things are a little less agonising after some resting :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:


Coincidentally on the last few occasions just a loaf of bread and a box of eggs. Fed up to the back teeth !
Lindilou
 

Re: Someone took my legs

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:49 am

Lindilou wrote:
FluppyPuffy wrote:
Lindilou wrote:Last week I took a walk to Tesco again - no pain. Today I did the same and in agony , why ?

I wish I could give you an answer that was something very different to it being because it's FM and that's what it does to us :( :( :( :( I could rattle off a host of possible reasons too, like carrying more stuff back than you did on your previous trip, but we'd end up back at the same point again :( :( :( :( :(

Hope things are a little less agonising after some resting :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:


Coincidentally on the last few occasions just a loaf of bread and a box of eggs. Fed up to the back teeth !

I'm with you on the fed~upness :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: Things had been relatively well behaved for a short while, but now I'm really having my :girl_moon: :girl_moon: :girl_moon: kicked with different things going off. Typically it's at a time where I could do without it happening, but that always seems to be the case.

Feel free to join me in Fed~Up Corner, in the princess tower made out of boxes and pink blankies. Plenty of [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] to stuff ourselves on without adding any guilt into the mix, and many many :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: to hug fairy_dust fairy_dust fairy_dust
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
User avatar
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN
 
Posts: 12719
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:25 am
Location: Living Life On The Edge.......Of The Norty Step!!!

Next

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests