Fibro in the morning question

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Fibro in the morning question

Postby Theresa34 » Thu May 22, 2014 7:20 pm

I wanted to check with you all about this thing that happens to me as soon as I wake up. I always wake up stiff and sore no matter what. Which I expect most or all of you do. What also seems to happen is, my hands and fingers are really sore and also stiff. So much so, I cant open my hand properly for a long time. Its so painful. Do any of you have that and knuckles pink or red? I do have arthritis too but I am told this is currently in remission. Dont know if its how I sleep or if everyone gets this with their hands and knuckles.
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Re: Fibro in the morning question

Postby Garyl » Thu May 22, 2014 7:30 pm

Theresa is the same for me, and takes most of day to get better, Pain relief some days do not touch it i have changed how i sleep best i can, all i can say is do your best not to sleep on your hnads
Garyl
UKFM Member

Postby Monty99 » Thu May 22, 2014 7:32 pm

My hands and wrists are exceptionally painful during the night and first thing in the morning. I now sleep with gloves on which has really started to help, also a hot shower first thing always helps…..try that!
Monty99
UKFM Member

Postby Lindilou » Thu May 22, 2014 7:40 pm

Same here too and also in my feet. You would of thought things would be better after resting all night - apparently not :roll:
Lindilou

Postby marie marrison » Thu May 22, 2014 7:49 pm

morning is the worse for me my knees and legs are stiffs my feet feel like I have been walking on class. i have been in pain all day and every for the last 4 years until i got diagnose 18 months ago to tell me that i have got fibro and it is only going to get worse happy day
marie marrison
UKFM Member

Postby litlemags » Thu May 22, 2014 8:14 pm

I also have this problem ,but now I have numbness in my two finger nearest my thumb ,this can last all day ,jelly fingets I call them ialso have lupus , so never know if its the lupus or fibro ,but its a double wammy x
litlemags
UKFM Newbie

medications

Postby litlemags » Thu May 22, 2014 8:18 pm

I also have this pi have been on tramadol and really need something else as this has stopped working anybody suggest anything that might work better x
litlemags
UKFM Newbie

Postby tich » Fri May 23, 2014 8:44 am

Know what your going through its started in my feet now the fell like im walking on sponges. This mornng between my feet fingers and back dont know which is the worst, but now my face is all stiff and sore next levelvi guse but hy ho life is good take cae little hug
tich
UKFM Member

Postby Gemski » Fri May 23, 2014 5:24 pm

I have this a lot but mostly when it's cold or raining. It's painful for about an hour trying to open and close my hand but it eases throughout the day. Putting my hands on a hot water bottle seems to help x
Gemski
UKFM Newbie

Postby eeyorejd » Wed May 28, 2014 4:38 pm

Hi
I get this as well.
Some mornings I can't pick anything up or do
Anything. I told my OT and she gave me some thermo gloves
Which don't solve the problem but some days they seem to help it.
When I'm waring the gloves the stiffness in the morning doesn't seem
To last as long.
eeyorejd
UKFM Member

Postby shazzy77 » Fri May 30, 2014 1:01 pm

Hi all

Reading though these posts is a bl :swear1: y god send! its not only me and its normal with Fibro to have to get up very early to get yourself in some sort of state to be able to move around without bumping into stuff because of jelly legs, feet feeling like ive got marbles under the skin on the soles of my feet, and not being able to bend etc, also does anyone wake up totally numb? feels almost like your paralized? . im dreading this summer really as all winter ive lived in my ugg boots - look a right en first thing in the morning pajamas and uggs but i dont care. Was wondering if anyone else has the hangover head too? i might not have touched a drop for weeks but every now and again i wake with a headache from hell - last time i hoped it was some sort of brain bleed and the end would be quick, but no.. 11 hours of pure hell which pain killers didnt touch, dizziness no balance etc ?

Shazzy
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Fri May 30, 2014 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removal of a potentially offending word and replacement with emoticon.
shazzy77
UKFM Newbie

Postby Bellatrix18 » Fri May 30, 2014 5:48 pm

I feel exactly the same in the mornings. It feels strangely comforting in a way to see others who experience the same symptoms so I don't feel so alone going through it all, (although I wish none of us had to feel like this!)
I wake up in the mornings barely able to move. My hands feel really fat and swollen and I can't grip anything. Getting dressed/buttons are difficult. My back and shoulders are always in agony too and pulling clothes over my head is almost impossible. I often ask for help from my partner. My feet also hurt and it feels like I'm walking on needles when I stand up for the first time in the mornings. The cold also makes things worse as other posters have said.
Sometimes the symptoms ease off and other times they might stay with me all day... My physiotherapist gave me some stretching exercises which sometimes ease my back. A bath on an evening every day has also started to help a bit with the body stiffness. I also find that, even if I'm exhausted, it is sometimes less painful to get out of bed and work some of the stiffness out rather than doing what feels natural to me and staying in bed all day... I hope you find some relief from the pain.
Bellatrix18
UKFM Newbie

Postby Davesmum » Sat May 31, 2014 1:31 pm

I still can't quite believe that there are people out there who suffer with the same things that I do! Every morning my hands feel so swollen, like they could burst, can't use hands properly, so much pain and then I get nagged to do the washing up. Oh the joys.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
Davesmum
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Sat May 31, 2014 6:56 pm

My mornings are getting a bit better now I am happy to say. My rheumy did say that the Amitriptyline would help with this, so I guess it is. There is still stiffness, painful feet and sore hands. But some mornings are dramatically different and I seem to recover much quicker. If I've had a bad night, for some reason I don't seem to get the deep sleep the med was giving me, then I am worse. Its hit and miss really, but sure its getting a bit better now.
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia