My Fibromyalgia blog

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

My Fibromyalgia blog

Postby migrembe » Tue May 27, 2014 8:17 pm

I write about Fibromyalgia among other related things on my blog, which i thought i would share with you. I am having a hard time with my family just now as they, unlike me, are waiting for me to 'snap out of it' and get better. Have a read if you like and let me know what you think. If there is something i can write about or anyone out there doing a similar thing i would love to know. Thanks Beverley :dogchasecat1:

http://mywonkydonkeylife.wordpress.com/
migrembe
UKFM Member

Re: My Fibromyalgia blog

Postby sarahborien » Tue May 27, 2014 8:35 pm

I really like this! I've not seen that picture before, and it's pretty accurate!

I also write a fibromyalgia blog, and have seen quite a few others via twitter recently. It seems we're all finding our voice, which is great. My blog is:

www.alifelessphysical.wordpress.com

I hope you get support from your family very soon. This condition is bad enough, without having to justify it to others.
sarahborien
UKFM Newbie

Postby migrembe » Tue May 27, 2014 9:02 pm

Thanks i shall go find your blog. Writing helps me to understand me and that is why i do it.
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby Jeany » Wed May 28, 2014 9:54 am

Beverley I am reading through your blog, and I just wanted to say than you for sharing, but also to say that I find so very much in common with you.
I think also that people who suffer from fibro, CFS/ME are sensitive individuals who have had a tough life due to one thing or another. I myself can see a link with my sensitivity not to just pain but also to almost every aspect of my life.

I too remember my first day at school being absolutely traumatic, and instead of having a supportive mother to reassure me I she smacked my legs hard.

The list goes on throughout my whole life ( I am a women of 57 ) with disapointments, abuse, lack of support even when ill by various people who took advantage. Some may say "Get a grip we have all had things like this to cope with", but I am not talking of little things that you can shrug off and which are slightly annoying I am talking about a lifetime of being a sensitive person who is very vunerable.

I believe that my sensitivity and also a life FULL to the brim with continuous stress has actually worn me out.

I would love to chat to you as I feel we have so much in common, and I am going to continue reading your blog, which I am still trawling through and find very informative.

I look forward to more Beverley, and I will be in touch again. All the best x x
Jeany
UKFM Member

Postby migrembe » Wed May 28, 2014 11:19 am

Dear Jeany,

Thank you for your support. I have told by my family that i shouldn't be saying the things that i am saying and that i am a liar. My mother wasn't a bad person, she was just never there. She did the cooking, cleaning and we were washed and dressed but she lived a life of lies, which she says were to protect us. Counselling has brought a lot of things out for me, but now i have nowhere to put it, i do write things in a diary/journal but no one reads it so it still doesn't get heard.

I went from being bullied as a child to being bullied/abused in my marriage and so did my children. My children do believe me and are there for me but like all 20 somethings they are busy with life and families of their own, but they would come if i needed them. I fear that they will go on develop FM and all it's attachments as life goes on and so i don't burden them with my day to day pain, fatigue, and depression.

The more i learn about FMS the more i realise that the only way to live with it and to put the flare into remission, something i have not been able to do for the last 4 years, is having someone else who will be there for you unconditionally. I am talking about love, but not necessarily romantic love but someone who is there all the time you need them to be. I have a good friend, but again they are too busy to give me their time and i am fed up with asking and apologising.

I had plans for my life and this wasn't it. I will continue to write and see where it leads. Hope you have a good day. Beverley
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby Jeany » Wed May 28, 2014 4:28 pm

Hi Beverley

Thanks for your reply. I have been reading a bit more of your blog, and was amazed that you mentioned Bradford. Is that Bradford West Yorkshire ?, because I was born in Bradford and brought up in Shipley, and I still live quite close.

I understand your concerns for you children, as I worry that mine may develop my ME/CFS and fibro, and I don't want to burden them either.

These are complex illnesses to understand, but I myself am beginning to see links. Something else we have in common is writing, and in fact I worry that it becoming a compulsion with me, because I write down everything and my house is full of notebooks, papers and reminders. I recently started to write down my thoughts about my past, which have been troublesome.

If you need a chat please let me know, because I can understand a lot of things in your blog and it seems we are both very much of the same mind set,

Jean x
Jeany
UKFM Member

Postby migrembe » Thu May 29, 2014 3:19 pm

Hi Jean,

Thank you for reading my blog. I am trying to make FMS more known and make others realise that it is here to stay and taking 'some pills' will not necessarily make it go away. I think it is very much linked to the past and when the Dr that diagnosed me said, 'my mind and body had had enough and switched off and when it came back on it was broken,' she was right. But mental illness become bottom of the pile because Dr's cannot easily 'cure it' or even treat it.

Yes i am from the Bradford you speak about. I was born in Bradford in 1963 at St Luke's. When i was 4 we moved to Keighley breaking most of our ties with family and friends. My parents secret is no big thing today, as my dad was married when he met my mum and they lived together and had 3 daughters by the time they did get married. My mother being brought up a Catholic thinks she is going to hell, which isn't true of course, but my family continue to cover the lies, which is doing no one any good at all.

Beverley x
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby migrembe » Fri May 30, 2014 3:53 pm

There are a number of people who are now following my blog via email, i would like to thank you for doing so.
migrembe
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia