worse than any hangover!

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

worse than any hangover!

Postby JDWench » Thu May 29, 2014 11:14 am

I had a few days fibro free this week! Three whole days of not being tired or achy or anything, I didn't even realise it until the end of the day when I was still alert enough to watch a film with my mister.
Yesterday however, my legs were weak and I was tired but I still made it out to see a friend but I passed out pretty early last night which sucked.
This morning I feel absolutely dreadful! I'm exhausted, my head is pounding, I'm hot and I feel sick. I literally feel like I have an horrendous hangover. Ive got a six hour shift of constantly being on my feet. Apart from plenty of water does anyone have any survival tips for me today?
Help me raise money for Reach http://www.justgiving.com/Sadie-Scott1
JDWench
UKFM Member

Re: worse than any hangover!

Postby ladybeck66 » Thu May 29, 2014 11:45 am

Hi, when you feel the pain do some stretching, its best done first thing in the morning and do it for a good 15 mins. It can be done anytime of the day so you can slot it in if your feeling particularly painful.

When I first started with this horrible condition in 1992 I used to work full time and found that if I stopped then the stiffness would catch me out and back then I was fit and healthy (apart from the pain) so I used to do stretches.

Hope this help
x
ladybeck66
UKFM Newbie

Postby Theresa34 » Thu May 29, 2014 12:43 pm

I agree with the advice. I've been feeling pretty good myself other than back spasms on Monday ouch! Gentle stretching and some movement. Even if you don't feel like moving, try. It doesn't have to be vigorous fitness regime or anything. Even so e fresh air helps me. Can you sit in the garden? You could also just close your eyes for a half hour x
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby JDWench » Thu May 29, 2014 7:21 pm

Thanks guys, I do try and stretch in the shower, gotta be careful because of my hypermobility.
I didn't walk to work in the end but got there early and immediately started working a delivery which kept my mind off how rubbish I felt then I stood on till for three hours which made the tender points of my back burn as well as my feet and legs.
After that I was given alcohol and drinks to work which meant heavy lifting, it hurt but I kept my head down and kept moving. I'm home now and I'm on fire but glad I didn't wimp out at work because it released much needed endorphins but I'm knackered.
Hot bath and bed :)
JDWench
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu May 29, 2014 7:44 pm

FM likes to do this, let you have some time where things feel so much better. Then, just as you're getting comfortable with how things are, it bites you on the bum Big~Style :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Glad you managed to make it thru your shift. I have to admit I had to reread the part about alcohol and drinks a few times as all I could think of was you being given alcohol and drinks to help get you thru the rest of the shift :lol: :oops: :facepalm:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby JDWench » Thu May 29, 2014 8:38 pm

I wish I could've drank my way through it! It'd only make things worse though!
I like the good days but the false sense of security is rubbish!
JDWench
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia