blue badge help plz

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

blue badge help plz

Postby cdcrossy » Thu May 29, 2014 5:22 pm

hi has anyone been awarded a blue badge for the 8 points moving around on standard pip the mobility componant as I've been told now that if you get 8 points on the moving around u qualify for a blue badge without assessment
thanks for any help
cdcrossy
UKFM Member

Re: blue badge help plz

Postby cdcrossy » Thu May 29, 2014 5:33 pm

just found this
What is it?
If you have problems with walking or other mobility problems you may be able to get a blue badge to enable you to park your car near shops and other places you wish to visit.

What are the rules?
You qualify for a blue badge if you are age three or over and one of the following applies

You qualify automatically for a blue badge if you are aged two or over and one of the following applies:

you are getting higher rate mobility component of disability living allowance.
you are receiving a war pensioner’s mobility supplement.
you are a registered blind person.
you have received a lump sum payment from the Armed Forces and Reserve Forces Compensation scheme (within tariff levels 1-8) and have been certified by the Secretary of State as having a permanent and substantial disability which causes inability to walk or very considerable difficulty in walking.
you live in England and have been awarded 8 points or more in the ‘moving around’ activity of the personal independence payment (PIP)
you live in Scotland or Wales and have been awarded 8 points or more in the ‘moving around’ activity or 12 points in the ‘planning and following journeys activity of the personal independence payment (PIP).
cdcrossy
UKFM Member

Postby Beth1012 » Fri May 30, 2014 9:51 pm

After 7 1/2 I've just got my outcome from PIP Application............I got Enhanced rate care & standard rate mobility (mobility on 8 points) & I've just found out I DO qualify for a Blue Parking Badge (Without assessment)
Maybe qualification depends on your local County / City Council?

"Most Days I'm Only As Strong As The Coffee I Drink and The Hairspray I Use!!?" :)
Beth1012
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri May 30, 2014 9:56 pm

Not sure with my addled brain what you need to know :?: :?: :?: :?: You seem to have answered your own question with your second post :?: :?: :?: I think the answer to what you had asked in your first post is yes you would qualify
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby lisaward127 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:46 am

I was given a badge before I was on DLA, it was based on my pain and mobility, they did write to my GP but I had no problem.
Lisa Ward
lisaward127
UKFM Member

Postby cdcrossy » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:50 am

thanks for replying
yes i found that information after i posted haha but just thought id share it as i never knew. I've had 2 assessments from my council and with evidence that would make your head spin i still have been turned down on my last application i applied in june 2013 and got assessment in jan 2014 and decision in march april if i remember right they just don't want to give it me but if this 8 point system is right then i have a fighting chance.
cdcrossy
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:09 pm

Seems like it is so good luck
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby lisaward127 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:15 pm

Not sure if you have an Occupational therapist, but mine also did a report on my mobility and I think that also helps a lot.
Lisa Ward
lisaward127
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia