pains

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

pains

Postby cdcrossy » Thu May 29, 2014 5:37 pm

hi I've been getting these stabbing pains in the top of my arm shoulder for months now just nagging pains does anyone else get these
cdcrossy
UKFM Member

Re: pains

Postby Theresa34 » Thu May 29, 2014 5:41 pm

I get stabbing pains too. Nowhere in particular. They seem to jump around x
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby cdcrossy » Thu May 29, 2014 5:43 pm

ye i get this one stabbing pain in the top of arm shoulder it stays for hrs then goes then it can go to my hips but stays in the arm most
cdcrossy
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Thu May 29, 2014 5:47 pm

I'm not sure what can help it really. I guess its those pesky nerves playing up! Not fun :evil:
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby Gemski » Thu May 29, 2014 6:42 pm

I get stabbing pains in my back and upper arms/shoulders. This also results in shooting pains and pins/needles or a dead arm. My arm also feels like it never rests or relaxes - it's very annoying but my amitriptyline seems to help so it doesn't wake me up. Haven't found a daytime cute though!
Gemski
UKFM Newbie

Postby cdcrossy » Thu May 29, 2014 9:03 pm

I had the amatriptaine never worked also the pregabalin its a pain thats just there i just got used to it now but it keeps me up at night ive asked the doc for sleeping tabs but he wont give them i dont remeber the last time i have a proper sleep for more than 3 hrs
cdcrossy
UKFM Member

Postby Ninja sha » Thu May 29, 2014 9:31 pm

I have these pains stabbing then mostly aching a friend of mine bought me a lavander wheat bag that you heat in microwave I have found this a great help esp during the day as it stays hot for a while and at night a hot water bottle also helps nothing abe tried has taken it away completely apart from being really dosed up on pain relief and various other drugs but with a 3year old this just wasn't practical nor very nice feeling so foggy all the time at the moment I am on cymbalta at a very low dose and 15/500 cocodamols which I am finding a better combination with brufen and Tramadol at home in case of major flare up so suck of taking pills but would reccomend a wheat bag to everyone and a good set of vitamins
Ninja sha
UKFM Newbie

Postby migrembe » Thu May 29, 2014 9:59 pm

If your diet is good then vitamins are a waste of money and you could be over dosing on Vit A which can damage your liver, but heat may help.

When it gets bad the only thing that helps for me is a very hot bath.

As for pills i am allergic to most of them. I am the 1:1000 person that gets the weird side effect.

Sleeping pills could leave you groggy for half the day.
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Thu May 29, 2014 10:10 pm

cdcrossy wrote:I had the amatriptaine never worked also the pregabalin its a pain thats just there i just got used to it now but it keeps me up at night ive asked the doc for sleeping tabs but he wont give them i dont remeber the last time i have a proper sleep for more than 3 hrs

I went to the gp maybe two yrs ago about insomnia. It was driving me nuts. She refused to give them to me as she said they could become addictive :roll: It was awful. My rheumatologist put me on ami in Feb and I've been sleeping great. It's been suggested to me by my nurse to also not have caffeine, have a bed time routine, hot chocolate before bed, soft music etc etc. I'm sure you've heard it all before :-D
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby migrembe » Thu May 29, 2014 10:16 pm

I find meditation or quiet music helpful when the muscles just keep jumping or spiking. Don't drink tea and coffee or alcohol so i am not sure about that. Have you tried a over the counter remedy such as Nytol, but your GP is right you can become reliant on them. I take my anti depressant at night and it helps me get to sleep even if i don't have a dreamless night.
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Thu May 29, 2014 10:22 pm

Mediation is a good one overall. For pain and relaxation :-D
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu May 29, 2014 10:29 pm

Mediation or Meditation
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Theresa34 » Thu May 29, 2014 10:31 pm

Meditation lol Its the automatic keyboard on my ipad haha
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu May 29, 2014 10:32 pm

Automatic stuff has a lot to answer for
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Theresa34 » Thu May 29, 2014 10:55 pm

Yes it does. Makes for funny reading sometimes :lol:
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia