Left hand

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Left hand

Postby Crafty_Lady » Fri May 30, 2014 11:53 am

Hi everyone

I just wanted to put a message on about my left hand, it is so painful, everyday now. I have no pains in my right hand at all. It started with my small finger being sore, and now its in my hand, my wrist is also very sore and also sometimes my left elbow can hurt, but its all on the side of my little finger, so finger, to that side of hand, then that side of wrist then elbow. I haven't done anything to injure it at all, odd though as its just my left side. I am on a lot of pain medication and i can still feel it quite a lot.

Thanks for listening, Emma.
Crafty_Lady
UKFM Member

Re: Left hand

Postby Crafty_Lady » Fri May 30, 2014 12:06 pm

Also - forgot to say that i have recently found a lump on my little finger too.
Crafty_Lady
UKFM Member

Postby humphreys » Fri May 30, 2014 12:09 pm

Hi, I have always pain in my left hand more than the right because I'm left handed, are you? but I would go and see your GP about the lump, that's if you can get in, it takes 1-2 weeks to see my GP.
humphreys
UKFM Member

Postby Garyl » Fri May 30, 2014 12:16 pm

Emma you are Lucky both my hands are painful most of day also have the little lumps on my hands and fingers, also have pains in toes on both feet i take a lot of rain relief and the doctor has suggested as well as Fibro i am suffering with arthritis hence the lumps.

Suggest you see your GP and get referred to hos[ital they can offer more solid advice, is a nasty feeling painful hands all day is something we have to put up with i have taken to wearing gloves i bought that have magnets in them that seem to help, also have fagin gloves on top of the latex ones to give more heat to my hands when it is a chilly wet day.

Have to say the latexy gloves worth every penny i paid for as helps with painsa bit
Garyl
UKFM Member

Postby Crafty_Lady » Fri May 30, 2014 3:16 pm

I'm right handed by the way. Thanks for the replies, i will mention it to my GP. The longest i had to wait for an appointment to see my gp was..... 5 weeks! unbelieveable!
Crafty_Lady
UKFM Member

Postby redhead » Fri May 30, 2014 3:26 pm

I have constant pain in both hands now to the degree it hurts just to hold a tea cup and often spill it as can't hold it up! think its arthritic but not sure doc just says its fibro go home take the tablets!!!! does my head in lol
redhead
UKFM Member

Postby coletalbot » Sat May 31, 2014 5:29 am

My 1st Fibro symptoms that I was really aware of were aching & pain in my hands, left side 1st even though I'm right handed. Loss if power in gripping anything & electric shocks that could go up to my elbow when I gripped anything. My Dr put me on a low dose of Amartriptaline in the evening & a small dose of Citalapram in the morning. Once they kicked in, they really worked. I only really get pain now in the cold or touching frozen food.
coletalbot
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia