Lumps

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Lumps

Postby carlz25 » Fri May 30, 2014 12:00 pm

I've noticed over the past few months I'm finding random lumps everywhere, when pushed they feel like an electric shock then really achy afterwards.
Does anyone else get these? Not sure if they're fibro related or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
carlz25
UKFM Member

Re: Lumps

Postby Crafty_Lady » Fri May 30, 2014 12:05 pm

I have recently found a lump on my little finger on my left hand (just put post up about my left hand) and it does hurt if i touch it, thats the only one i have found. I don't know if its related or not to fm?
Crafty_Lady
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Fri May 30, 2014 12:28 pm

Always get lumps checked our but yes you can get many trigger points. I done a topic a while back on this. On the search bar above type in trigger points and you should see my topic. It has some good information and also a picture and illustrations.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Garyl » Fri May 30, 2014 12:35 pm

I have the tiny lumps mentiones all over my torso arms etc, When i was hospitalised back in 1982 with a sever Asthma attack the Doctor i was under asked if i would agree to be examined by some trainee doctors, said i was not going anywhere, so i was looked at only one of the 6 trainees knew what they were small fibroids they cause no pain to me and i even have them on my head under hairline, apparently they are Fatty tissue lumps, I would strongly suggest you get them checked by your GP however just as a matter of putting your mind at rest have lived with them for past 32 years only had to have 2 removed as the caused problems where they were, one was back of my leg and sitting caused me pain the other was back of my head again was painful laying down if i caught it wrong.

If it is like what i have then is harmless and not life threatening
Garyl
UKFM Member

Postby redhead » Fri May 30, 2014 3:23 pm

I have lumps in my neck my left breast the top of my rib cage and in my left arm pit they throb and are sore to touch! I was referred for scans and was told they are enlarged lymph nodes but they have no explaination as to why I have them! they still concern me but doctor seems to think its nothing sinister! does anyone else have this issue??? not sure I believe its nothing to worry about, have got sicker and sicker over the years to the point I only get up a few hours a day then the fatigue and pain are to much so back to bed with tramadol or diazepam which I must add only take the edge off, I'm never pain free anymore?
redhead
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia