Back spasms

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Back spasms

Postby Theresa34 » Sat May 31, 2014 7:00 pm

How many of you are suffering with painful back spasms and how often? I first got them late last year but then they would go for a month or more then return for an hour or so. Since Monday gone, I've had them three times. Monday, Tuesday and yesterday (Fri). Tues one thankfully didnt last very long. I took a tramadol and an ibuprofen with them. On Mon it didn't help, Tues didnt last long anyway and yesterday it worked. The spasms I tend to liken them to labour! Its like someone is squeezing my spine and the muscles around it. They seem to happen randomly. I don't want to take any more meds, so how to help myself naturally? All I can think is a hot water bottle or a hot bath :(
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Re: Back spasms

Postby denys » Sat May 31, 2014 8:36 pm

I use a hottie bottie only thing that seems to work for me, I know others use TENS machines too so maybe give them a go and if you havent already speak to your GP to make sure nothing else is going on
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Theresa34 » Sat May 31, 2014 9:51 pm

Thanks Denys. I had an mri in Jan as my other rheumy thought I could have a spinal condition that was causing my back pain but it was all clear. They checked whole spine, pelvis and sacroilic joints x
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby Lindenp » Sat May 31, 2014 9:58 pm

Hi, I get muscle spasms all over. My arms or legs just suddenly jerk. It also happens when I eat which makes me bite my tongue or the sides of my mouth. I was prescribed Baclofen for it which works really really well. I hope this helps and that you get a solution soon. Gentle hugs.
Lindenp
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:12 pm

I thought mine were back spasms and was diagnosed with gallstones :yikes:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Theresa34 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:32 pm

I had a scan in Dec and they checked everywhere in my tummy incl for gallstones. I've had so many tests! :crazy:
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia