"Are you still in pain?" A much needed whinge

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

"Are you still in pain?" A much needed whinge

Postby JDWench » Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:04 pm

Someone asked me this today and I said "I am always in pain unless I'm in water,"
But at that moment I was feeling ok surprisingly alert for someone running on only a few hours of sleep in the last few days and I couldn't pinpoint any major pain and it was nice. I had a really awful shift this morning, shop was a mess, tons of reducing to do, stock not rotated and some lovely person kindly slashed a packet of chicken open and left it out of the fridge and also slashed open a 4 pint of milk and threw it on the floor which was super fun to clean.
I dealt with it all today without my body fighting me, I suppose it was decided I already had too much to do.
Now I am home and the burning in my left foot, pins and needles in my right are letting me know I've had a busy day. I also have a feeling I haven't had since I was diagnosed which is feeling like I've been winded and my lower back feels bruised.
I'm sorry to be posting this all on hear, it doesn't make things easier but I can't verbalise how I feel without sounding like a broken record and I hate people seeing me in pain because they can't help so what's the point of even trying to talk about it?
Help me raise money for Reach http://www.justgiving.com/Sadie-Scott1
JDWench
UKFM Member

Re: "Are you still in pain?" A much needed whinge

Postby Garyl » Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:33 pm

JD the point of talking about it or trying to is to get it out of your system, I have pain from the moment i wake up everyday , sometimes as early as 3am. Is as you say nothing anyone can do to help you, i myself too often keep it bottled up inside, then when i get the opportunity i let it out with a few well chosen words, i have to say you have helped me today as i have had burning sensations in both feet for weeks but did not want to go see doctor, as i know now you get the burning feet i can put it in the Fibro symptoms bag and just carry on.

We all need to whinge now and then and glad to see you doing it unlike me who keeps it bottled up.
Garyl
UKFM Member

Postby zoomie » Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:50 pm

Gary - don't ever just assume something is just another fibro thing, always tell your doctor what's going on, you could be having a reaction to a build up of medication or anything x

Oh, and whinge away hon ;) better out than in xxx hope you have a restful rest of your Sunday x
Fibromyalgia comes in many shapes, sizes and abilities... DON'T DISCRIMINATE!!!!
zoomie
UKFM Member

Postby JDWench » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:13 pm

Garyl - I also suffer with tendonitis and fallen arches and my fibromyalgia is secondary to hms so although it is common with fibromyalgia don't write it off as that as it could be linked to something else.

Zoomie, thank you, I've just slept for four straight hours! I woke up so confused lol. Hot bath time I think.
Help me raise money for Reach http://www.justgiving.com/Sadie-Scott1
JDWench
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia