Burning/stinging face

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Burning/stinging face

Postby Gilly52 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:57 pm

Does anyone on here suffer with a burning/stinging sensation in their face, it always seems to come on in the afternoon and will last through to bedtime.
At this time, I feel hot, but upon looking in the mirror, there is nothing to see, feels as if its all going on under the skin, and is very irritating, I think and hope I am at the end of the hot flush stage of my life, although some women say there is really no end to hot flushes :!:
I will not be surprised :-o if this is another in the long list of symptoms of fibro, just be interested to hear of any others with the problem.

Goodnight everyone :sleep: :sleep:
Gilly52
UKFM Member

Re: Burning/stinging face

Postby SianneArtarian » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:22 am

I get this burning sensation on the tops of my arms sometimes. It is another symptom of Fibro I'm afraid. Being over sensitive to hot and cold temperatures is also a symptom of Fibro but it sounds like what you're experiencing is not related to body temperature. The tingling in my arms only happens to me occasionally or if I'm having a flare up. Sorry I don't have any answers about how to deal with the situation but I thought I'd reply because it's always good to know when other people have experienced something. Many times I ask my GP if something is a symptom of Fibro and they tell me "I don't know I'm not an expert on Fibromyalgia" and I end up having to look it up myself lol. I hope you get some relief from it soon :)
SianneArtarian
UKFM Member

Postby migrembe » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:30 am

I get this in my face too. Often ask my daughter if my face is red but she says no. sometimes it's just one side. i just put it down to the fibro.
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:49 am

No I dont. This has happened once recently BUT it was after a hot bath and a face mask lol My own fault, although I dont usually have such sensitive skin. Not a normal thing for me anyway x
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby walterdog » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:13 pm

I do get this a lot since developing fibro last october, previously cfs for 8 years. Mine used to be down my right side especially in my face and eye, but now springs up anywhere lasting from days to months. I have chosen the non medication path for the time being as always have bad side effects with meds. Accupuncture has really helped and stops the burning for about a week afterwards, unfortunately I can only afford to have it fortnightly. I also tried devils claw but it made me drowsy. Sometimes a warm flannel held to the area helps also.
walterdog
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia