To exercise or not to exeercise

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: To exercise or not to exeercise

Postby ouchisme » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:38 am

I doft my hat to you all reading this topic. I have no core stability due to muscles split from sternum to pubis. I have problems even just doing the simple stretches (normally shown by a physio) lying on my bed.

I have thought about t'ai chi but i can't stand for any length of time. Wondered if theres a way of practicing sitting down exercise. Any members got any ideas for me? Would welcome all ideas regardless if you think they are daft xx
Had symptoms for 5yrs. Dx February 2011
ouchisme
UKFM Member

Postby Easylifer » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:11 pm

ouchisme wrote:I doft my hat to you all reading this topic. I have no core stability due to muscles split from sternum to pubis. I have problems even just doing the simple stretches (normally shown by a physio) lying on my bed.

I have thought about t'ai chi but i can't stand for any length of time. Wondered if theres a way of practicing sitting down exercise. Any members got any ideas for me? Would welcome all ideas regardless if you think they are daft xx

Have you tried talking to a yoga or pilates teacher? they may have some ideas for you, how did you manage to split your muscles, if yu don't mind me asking?
Easylifer
UKFM Member

Postby ouchisme » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:46 am

:wave: easylifer

have been told my physio that i shouldn't attempt other forms of exercise like yoga/pilates. I can't even manage the basic movements given from the physio departments all over the country

No problem asking at all. Basically from having my children. My body couldn't cope with the growing babies. My eldest started me off (18) and my youngest finished me off (pregnant 15yrs ago). If that doesn't put anyone off pregnancy nothing will lol
Had symptoms for 5yrs. Dx February 2011
ouchisme
UKFM Member

Postby Easylifer » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:13 am

ooo nasty, i managed one but he came out as a c section, one was quite enough for me and still is.

Have you tried hydrotherapy? the weightlessness is wonderful and if you have a therapist they can move you around against water resisiteance

xx :hugs:
Easylifer
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia