Fibro should be called MS the 2d

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Fibro should be called MS the 2d

Postby Tel1 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:17 pm

As we ALL know Fibro is one of the most confusing and depressing conditions of all.... and god don't we know it. :yikes:
Over the last two days I have felt as though my arms are like dead weights and my hands an fingers feel like they are
full of water and burn and ache...I sometimes think... HOW can I plan a trip to Usa/Canada with this condition??? :yikes:
I really want to go back there again, but I am just so worried that if I go with others , I am going to let them down by being like
this!! or rather the fear that I will get like this on the plane or while I am over there....I keep wanting to book a flight etc,
but then I think, oh god, how could I cope and how would the others cope if I had one of my flares while I was there? it would ruin it for everyone....My head wants to do SO much, but my body wont... so how do we get on in life ? or just take the plunge and to
hell with Fibro.... I am wondering if actually going away would dissolve all the aches and pains and feeling down? but the trouble is
* would it ?*...... any tips people?:)))
Tel1
UKFM Member

Re: Fibro should be called MS the 2d

Postby scoke » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:09 pm

It depends whereabouts in USA and when you go as to how good you might feel but I certainly feel better in hotter dryer countries - I still get pain but I don't have so much stiffness, allergy problems and even less fibro fog usually. The longer flights are difficult, though - I try to get a front of compartment seat so I can fidget and stand and walk around a bit every so often. It is always a worry, anyway, whenever we go out anywhere but I do find that I cope better usually when I'm away - a certain amount of being carried away on enjoyment maybe. But there are likely to be days when you pay for a good time the previous day! I try to plan breaks between big days - if you go with others you could persuade them to plan some things without you. I'd give it a go, you're likely to regret not trying. Good luck!
scoke
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:26 pm

Tel1......Come on over to Canada. I go home to Yorkshire as often as I can. Strangely, I always feel better when I am there.

Where exactly would you be going?
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby padders » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:29 am

I say go you only live once. Don't let this illness beat you, stop worrying and book it the more you worry the worse you will feel. We need to live our lifes and make every day count. Just make sure your friends understand what you can and cannot do. Maybe because you will be enjoying yourself while away your symptoms may not be as bad/noticeable. I think you will regret it if you dont go. Good luck x
padders
UKFM Member

Postby SchroedingersCat » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:43 am

I just go ahead and do things anyway and accept that I may or may not pay for it later. I've said elsewhere on here that I have had a ridiculous year this year, I've pushed myself harder and further than I thought possible at the start of the year, and achieved pretty much all of the things I wanted to do. Sometimes I have paid for it with exhaustion afterwards, sometimes I haven't, my pain levels have gone up, but oddly I'm still managing without pain killers most days. What I have noticed is that, whereas at the start of the year I was falling into bed exhausted by 8-ish Monday to Friday, I'm now finding most nights I can go through till 10, which used to be my normal bedtime, without feeling any worse in the mornings. Other people here will tell you not to push yourself as it's the worst thing you can do. Only you can decide, but I'd rather live my life fully alongside the pain than sit at home drugged up into a zombie state and hardly feeling anything at all.
SchroedingersCat
UKFM Member

Postby humphreys » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:27 pm

GO FOR IT TEL1
humphreys
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:08 pm

As the others have said 'go for it' otherwise you wont do anything and what sort of life is that, take the plunge and book it. I presume the others are either family or friends so explain that some days you may not feel like doing the planned activity and if that is the case then they are to go on without you and you will join them as soon as you are feeling up to it. Take the stress out of it and plan not to plan :-D :-D :-D :-D then you arent letting anyone down, they are getting the trip they want and you get the one you want perfect :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby juliem » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:16 pm

I'd also say go for it. Yes you may have rubbish days but you may also have some wonderful experiences. We had a short break to Morocco. Over did it completely and very poorly one day but otherwise I managed. I tend to get awful headaches when I travel which can be so draining but now I go armed with paracetamol. Don't help much but at least I have something lol. My feeling is if you start not doing things you will end up doing nothing. Yes it can mean pain and suffering but go for it and enjoy.x
juliem
UKFM Member

Postby Tel1 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:28 pm

Hi People..:)) thanks for encouragement :)) I will be going to Toronto, Detroit, Chicago, New York, done it several times before
but of course with this damn Fibro... it puts a different approach to it all.... hopefully I will take the plunge and just do it:))
Tel1
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia