Does *anyone* have this?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Does *anyone* have this?

Postby Tel1 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:34 pm

Hi all:))

One other thing that I forgot to ask everyone in the past is... does anyone have this dreadful feeling that when you get slightly
stressed that your chest kind of goes hot and tight with a tightness in the back of your throat..... I know this might sound a general
thing... but I never use to have this, it has only been since I have had Fibro..... every time I get it, I think ( heart attack) :yikes:
but the reason for that is that it happens a lot more often now than I have ever had it before... I have spoken to doctors and
consultants but they always say ok it's anxiety.... but the thing is.... is it?? As I have mentioned before, I have had heart tests Scans, MRI CT scans you name it and even the treadmill and they say all is well ( thank god ) but on the other had if it is nothing to do with
the heart ( thank GOD ) then what is it..... maybe some of you have had this as well....but if you have, do you have it often like I do? :yikes:
Tel1
UKFM Member

Re: Does *anyone* have this?

Postby sarahborien » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:28 pm

Hiya

Yep, have this a lot so don't worry - it's another fibro gem! I went to my doc early on about it cos it seemed quite worrying (what with it being the heart and all...) but he said it was to do with pain around the trachea which is common in fibro. I checked it on Google and found quite a few people saying the same.

Mine seems to come and go so I hope you get some relief from it soon.

Sarah
www.alifelessphysical.wordpress.com
sarahborien
UKFM Newbie

Postby helen w » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:41 pm

I have this too. I also have had loads of tests by the cardiologists as my heart rate is sometimes really fast. I also get excruciating chest pain which comes on suddenly. All the tests came back clear (thank god) so can only put it down to my fibro. I think it is about time that fibro was treated as a serious condition as it is so debilitating. Hope you soon improve and that this helps a little if only to give you reassurance xxx
helen w
UKFM Member

Postby Tel1 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:14 pm

Hi All. thanks so far for your experiences:)) it IS a nightmare isn't it... what I kind of said is the only why I can describe it...
It's as though, my tonsils are feeling swollen, with this tightness in my throat and right at the top of my chest... It is really worrying
when I get it.... I just keep worrying about something more serious going on ( which I hope to god it isn't ) but I just just
DO not understand it...:) :yikes: I can be fine one minute, then I can go outside to get something or whatever it is, then all of a sudden it will come on as though I am having angina....thus far I have been tested for that, and so far, nothing is showing, but all the same it really gets to me and of course although all the heart /lung tests have come back all ok.... I kind of think they have missed something :yikes: not that I want it to be anything... but you know what I mean eh:))
Tel1
UKFM Member

Postby Deb1701 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:00 pm

All the time, especially when I am overtired and stressed. It's an awful feeling :(
Deb1701
UKFM Newbie

Postby Miss Painful » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:16 pm

Yes I had a suspected heart attack a few years ago, but it was Fibro but because of the stress my gullet went into spasm and I could not eat or drink, they had to put a camera down my throat but did not find anything. What fun and games, I think not. Gentle Hugs xx
Miss Painful
UKFM Member

Postby Gilly52 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:31 am

Yes I know exactly what you mean...........tightness, then strong pain in your chest.......I feel it's right on my breastbone, it comes generally when I am stressed and tired. From my chest it will radiate into my throat, I have large tonsils anyway....I then find it difficult to eat as I cannot swallow properly.

It is a scary feeling I will admit, but I hope from the other posts you received tonight you feel reassured that it's not a warning that something awful is going to happen to you. Fibro brings all sorts of symptoms to us all, and we are all here to support each other with positive advice, I hope you get some relief soon.......which will make you feel better, I personally find with my pain it lodges itself somewhere and will stay in that area for a few days and then move on some where else, we are all different, and in turn we all learn from one another's experiences.
I wish you well.

Goodnight X :sleep:
Gilly52
UKFM Member

Postby Kyomii » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:29 am

It is anxiety - but it must be checked out just in case, and if your heart tests are clear, then you can be assured it is anxiety. I have congestive heart failure and the sensations are completely different. In women, chest pain is not really symptomatic of a heart attack anyway, the movies have it all wrong -chest clutch, scream, collapse - is a false representation of what really happens.
Kyomii
UKFM Member

Postby LibbyWick » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:19 pm

Yep, quite often. First time it happened I was admitted to hospital for a couple of days with a suspected heart attack but it turned out to just be an anxiety attack caused by the FM. I was having a really stressful time at work. I get it to different degrees ... sometimes it feels like I have something stuck in my throat or my throat and tonsilitis are swollen, others it's the tightness and sometimes all at the same time. So don't go stressing yourself out, try to relax, do some meditation, controlled breathing, etc. If you've had scans and been checked out, that is. This is a strange world we live in with our plethora of odd and distressing symptoms. :cry:
LibbyWick
UKFM Member

Postby suzieorangecat » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:17 pm

Hello,
In response to your question about the chest/throat pains. This truly is only to do with stress anxiety and panic attack. I have had it many times and at 1st thought I was going to die. After loads of tests it was determined that this is the case and now I try to switch my mind off to pleasant thought while breathing slowly and deeply. Soon the symptoms dissipate. You could try it for yourself, it won't hurt to do it, and maybe it will help. Hope it works out for you, but stop worrying.
Love to all Sioux
suzieorangecat
UKFM Newbie

Postby Tel1 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:39 pm

Thanks all for the reassurance :)) my GOD it is good to know that others get it as well....the trouble is, I just wish that I never have it in the first place, and I bet all you wish for the same... Like I said before on here, just imagine all off us going to A&E at the same time together all with stress and panic attacks... they would think that we had all come out of a mental ward :yikes:
The worst thing about it all is... that when it is actually happening to you, no matter how many times we all tell each other that it is all to do with anxiety and inner stress, but when it IS happening to us, we all feel totally on our own and that the end is round the corner:)
But it is good to know that I am not the only one who has this nightmare experience...thanks to all.:)
Tel1
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:05 pm

Tel1 wrote:Hi all:))

One other thing that I forgot to ask everyone in the past is... does anyone have this dreadful feeling that when you get slightly
stressed that your chest kind of goes hot and tight with a tightness in the back of your throat..... I know this might sound a general
thing... but I never use to have this, it has only been since I have had Fibro..... every time I get it, I think ( heart attack) :yikes:
but the reason for that is that it happens a lot more often now than I have ever had it before... I have spoken to doctors and
consultants but they always say ok it's anxiety.... but the thing is.... is it?? As I have mentioned before, I have had heart tests Scans, MRI CT scans you name it and even the treadmill and they say all is well ( thank god ) but on the other had if it is nothing to do with
the heart ( thank GOD ) then what is it..... maybe some of you have had this as well....but if you have, do you have it often like I do? :yikes:

No I don't get that. I sometimes get a tight feeling just under my ribs, feels like its in my tummy. I only get that when I'm super stressed. Always had it though.
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia