thought i would have a holiday how wrong

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: thought i would have a holiday how wrong

Postby Otter65 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:45 pm

I'm going on my first holiday since I was diagnosed it only a short flight to Guernsey so hopefully I will be ok. As taking and collecting my daughters from uni 1 is a 5 hour drive the other only 1 hour and I always need a day to recover after

But I'm determined i'm going to enjoy myself as it will be the first time in 25 years, we have had a kid free holiday and I've stayed in a hotel with a pool/spa as when the kids were around we always did self catering

So I my hurt I my get tried but I'm going to enjoy myself

:-D
Otter65
UKFM Member

Re: thought i would have a holiday how wrong

Postby HelenE56 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:19 am

I too like active holidays, city breaks, museums and galleries, all of which are exhausting. I try to make myself have alternate busy and quiet days if we go away for a week or more, but we always end up doing far more walking than we should, and it's usually my fault as I hate the thought of missing seeing things. I just spend most of the time tired, stiff and sore and on pain killers. We are visiting our son in Berlin this weekend and even though I wouldn't miss it for anything I know I will spend next week recovering. I find all forms of travelling exhausting too.
HelenE56
UKFM Newbie

Previous

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia