resting tremor

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

resting tremor

Postby painprincess1 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:18 pm

well as I have over a month to go still till I see the nero I have tired to get on with life and forget about it all.
but today I find I have a resting tremor in my right hand.
I been doing the garden and only notices it when I made a cup of tea and milk whet everywhere but the cup lol.so I sat down and taping is a night mare im almost sitting on my hand to keep it still .only six weeks to go.
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Re: resting tremor

Postby Dottylin » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:57 pm

I find this happens to me if I have been using a strimmer in the garden, but it does soon wear off. Hope your get some relief from this princess
Dottylin
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:53 am

My dad had what they called a non essential tremors. No parkinsons etc. He would get so bad at times he would make fun at himself as he knew soup would be everywhere but in his mouth. He could not carry a cup of tea. As he said, someone had drank it on the way to his chair,

As much as it can be funny it isn't. I do hope that the Dr can find a reason for this happening and help you. My hands shake terribly if my thyroid medication is off.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby juliem » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:51 pm

I have a tremor in my left hand which can, at times, be a little embarrassing. I was at a coffee morning thing for new members to something I joined. They handed round cups and saucers. Nightmare. Tried changing hands and could not hold it. An elderly lady came up to me and said, very sympathetically, "Parkinson's is it? I find just putting the saucer down helps". I even went to the doctor but she wasn't worried. Anyway at a check for MS last year he told me I have a tremor. No treatment lol just watch out. After using a strimmer/gardening etc most people will have residual muscle twitching shaking. that is very normal . similar to when one carries a heavy shopping bag.

Like many I try to laugh when I'm shaking and the children make gentle fun. But I find it hard if I'm out at a lunch or something. Often have to just give up with my left hand. I'm sure then nerves make it worse too.
juliem
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia