Things are looking up!

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Things are looking up!

Postby JDWench » Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:39 pm

I finally lost it with my manager and explained fibromyalgia to him, now when he sees me struggling he offers me a chance to rest, unfortunately I had to incur the wraith of collegues after changing Tuesday's shift to Friday at extremely short notice but if that hadn't happened I'd have never been angry enough to tell him why I need time off, also explained that last time I tried to explain the assistant manager threw my literature away so he's asked for information on the condition.
I've been really suffering with my feet and legs again, it feels as if someone is tearing at my tendons in my shins and feet and my joints feel spongy so it's hard to put pressure down when I'm walking. These symptoms have made me think it might be time to get a stick even if it's as support for walking to work.
I went swimming last week, I swam 750 metres, it might not sound much but I was proud, I'm going to go almost every week now. I joined a local support group called "Swindon foggys" and paid £10 for a lifetime membership, they have just been given funding for free swimming sessions for members at a hydrotherapy pool close to where I volunteer so I want to get there once a month.
My counsellor told me about them, I haven't seen him since January when I was being treated for anxiety but we spoke on the phone then last month I broke down about having this diagnosis and have been allowed time off to see him so he can help because his only office hours are during my work hours so it's difficult to speak in person.
Today was the first day I was able to walk normally for weeks, it was like it all just vanished so I seized the opportunity and after work my little brother took me to Millets farm, I picked fruit and spent loads in their amazing farm shop! I'm exhausting and aching now but a hot bath and early night should ease that.
Just thought I'd share this because we all get stuck in a low place and it's nice when things ease off even if it's only temporary.
Help me raise money for Reach http://www.justgiving.com/Sadie-Scott1
JDWench
UKFM Member

Re: Things are looking up!

Postby Meulan » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:55 pm

I would love to make contact Sadie! I live outside Salisbury and have fibro etc etc, its' nice to hear good stories for a change and there is so little understand of our condition, it's good to meet others' with the same. Please if I am able to put this, my email is (removed for security reasons please PM member for details).

I really look forward to speaking to you soon!

Best wishes Pen
Meulan
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:15 pm

Meulan please dont put personal stuff such as your email address on the open forum private message Sadie then only she can see it. I've left it on your post for the moment but you may want to think about removing it and sending it privately, it isnt against any rules but this is an open forum so can be seen by anyone and we really really want everyone to be safe :-D :-D :-D

Sadie so glad that things are easing for you and you are seeing some very positive results, great to share in good news it really does give everyone a lift :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Foggys » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:38 am

Foggy's "invisible illness" Support

Primarily setup as Fibromyalgia Support, we provide support where possible for other "invisible illnesses":

Arthritic and Rheumatic Conditions
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Chronic Widespread Pain
Fibromyalgia
Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Ménière’s Syndrome
M.E. ~ Myalgic Encephalopathy
Myofascial Pain
Seasonal Affective Disorder
Trigeminal Neuralgia

We meet every first Wednesday of the month 12 - 2pm, at Liden Community Centre, Liden Centre, Barrington Close, Swindon SN3 6HP.

Meetings are casual, drop-in basis, unless we have a speaker and we ask that you arrive promptly for them. We ask for £1 per meeting which pays for refreshments and goes towards hall hire.

As a paid Foggy member £10 (£5 joining fee, £5 renewable every April) you;

have access to our member’s area, which has extra information, including free login information for Benefits and Work website.

receive a lanyard and name badge.

can also take advantage of FREE swimming (or bobbing about) and Jacuzzi with Thamesdown Hydrotherapy Pool every Monday (Bank Holiday allowing) and Friday (space allowing). It’s a lovely warm pool and helps ease aches and pains and you can bob about having a chat in a friendly atmosphere.

As I tell people who contact us, please try to come to a meeting as being shy is allowed, suffering alone is NOT !!

Est. 29/06/2010
Deb Cooke
Groups Founder & Leader
Foggy's "invisible illness" Support

07396 161265
Between 12 – 3pm
MONDAY-FRIDAY
(voice mail available 24/7)

http://www.foggys.net
Foggys
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia