Fog.....

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Fog.....

Postby carlz25 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:43 am

This week alone I've managed to loss two bank cards, twice today I've lost and found my purse then found car keys left in car.
I normally only forget conversations, anyone else seem to just start forgetting everything at once?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
carlz25
UKFM Member

Re: Fog.....

Postby scoke » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:26 am

It definitely seems to come in phases for me- I always say that if I've called myself a stupid cow at least three times before I've finished breakfast then I probably shouldn't drive that day but that's not necessarily a good indicator - it might be better after breakfast or the other way round, seem right for breakfast but get in the car and realise my judgements out so I have to just take it very carefully on the roads. I forget things, words, where I was going, what I was doing, where I parked, whole conversations, whole events, promises -and sometimes find myself doing things I realised I'd said I wouldn't! - directions, dates - even ones tha I've known for years. Have been away from home a lot recently and can always remember the layout of my own home. My logic goes, my wit, my mathematical and map reading abilities and I write like I'm dyslexic. But not all the time. But certainly there are days that I seriously worry about the state of my mind. I talk to myself, encouragement or even yo correct something I've said - the worst thing recently is realising I say things I don't mean to say - they jst come out of my mouth - not even true sometimes - where does that come from. I've been so surprised by it that by the time I've realised I don't know how to rescind it - my new challenge - how to explain my mind lies!
scoke
UKFM Member

Postby libbiek30 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:07 am

I am terrible I loose keys, leave doors unlocked and can't remember where I have put things. Which is pretty embarrassing at work especially as I'm the manager! I get others To help by asking them to remember for me. I write lists and put things such as keys in thé same place every day .Joël tous vélos :-D
libbiek30
UKFM Member

Postby smig » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:17 am

I am right at the start of this journey and awaiting appointment with rhumatologists, I have a large amount of the classic symptoms. Out of all of them the forgetfulness scares me the most and it already impacts on my job as well as my personal life in a large way. I find it very frustrating when I set of on a journey not knowing what route will get me to a place that I have visited many times in the past, my mind clearly is not on my driving as most of it is trying to remember how to get there :) have a great day.

Steve

Now... What was I doing and how to get there :)
smig
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:15 am

smig wrote:I find it very frustrating when I set of on a journey not knowing what route will get me to a place that I have visited many times in the past, my mind clearly is not on my driving as most of it is trying to remember how to get there :) have a great day.

Steve

Now... What was I doing and how to get there :)

Not sure what you were going to do Steve, but taking the scenic route/magical mystery tour to get there can be a pleasant way to find out :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Alex from Edinburgh » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:49 pm

I had to get my locks changed after i lost 2 sets of keys on the same day.
Alex from Edinburgh
UKFM Newbie

Postby Junewill2 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:04 pm

Im new to these sites but have suffered with Fibromyalgia for so many years back to when most doctors said it didn't exist only in your mind. I would just like to ask if anyone who is experiencing forgetfulness etc are also taking Statins for Cholesterol?
Junewill2
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia