my trip out

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

my trip out

Postby ouchisme » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:15 am

hello to all ouchies i was a good girl and thought that us girls would have Mc Ds for tea as my eldest was meeting her best friend for a catch up and i said that me and her sister would sit on our own so that they could have an indepth convo without worrying about content/subject.

I really shouldn't but i couldn't remember the last time that we had done it. With me using a wheelchair outside the home and needing someone to shove kinda has to be outings with said girls. There was a huge kerb outside, which i thought would be ok being bounced down as my youngest (chauffeur for the evening) would not just dump me down. This time she couldn't carry off the controlled drop and i ended leaving my seat with blazing pain from my coxyyx sent through my spine to my shoulders. Made me swear and nearly burst into tears. L was beside herself because she was 'driving'. so i decided that i would wait for carer then go off to bed. Then had a sneezing fit which sent my neck and shoulders into spasms. Not my night at all

this morning in a real kack ouching state so trying to distract myself before i shuffle off to bed feeling sorry for myself

hope you are all fairly well and that your pain is at least under control today

:blowkiss:
Had symptoms for 5yrs. Dx February 2011
ouchisme
UKFM Member

Re: my trip out

Postby denys » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:46 pm

Oh dear kerbs are definitely the bane of my life so you have my sympathies but we do have to push it and try the odd trip outside if we possibly can otherwise the other side of the coin is just vegetating :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby dotty lotty » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:02 pm

Sympathies and :hugs: :hugs: I have had a sore coccyx for 2-3 months and not getting any easier. :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Postby ouchisme » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:09 pm

thank you Denys for your reply. You know the old ouchie rule of "if you are hurt you will be in untold agony 2 days after" has hit me like a train.
Had to roll out of bed to get up to make sure youngest was up for her paper round and my morn carer. Neck in a lot spasmie (cool new word from me) with other joints joining in.......Sodding frustrated doesn't cover it. Not managing a rest today as it hurts too much to lie in any position. (an oh woe is me post, sorry to all).
So i thought i would have a quick check in to try and distract myself. To all who are having a kack day loads of squishy hugs to you all

x
ouchisme
UKFM Member

Postby Easylifer » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:53 pm

Have you suggested going down kerbs backwards, my sister had spina bifida and i can remember my sister being dumped in the road when mum forgot to belt her in, this was 30 years ago, just a memory.

but as a carer i nearly always go through doors or down kerbs backwards, hope this helps :-D
Easylifer
UKFM Member

Postby ouchisme » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:48 am

tbh honest no i havent thought about going down backwards... have enough probs getting my girls not to use their mobiles while "driving" me
ouchisme
UKFM Member

Postby Easylifer » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:08 am

Ha ha, oh dear, try it as long as they warn you when your going back and down you should feel ok ;-)
Easylifer
UKFM Member

Postby ouchisme » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:04 pm

if you hear about a woman being chucked out of her wheelchair you will know by checking facebook or my girls txts if it was me or not :roll: x
ouchisme
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia