Week from HELL - Help

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Week from HELL - Help

Postby cocobella » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:01 pm

Hi All,

Hope you are all as well as you can be. I am currently having a nightmare of a week with pain. Again, I have bone pain and it is debilitating. I also have been told my bloods are abnormal and that I have aneamia but not iron deficiency :-/ odd. Anyway, I am going along to the GP this afternoon to discuss it. As most of you understand, when you have fibro it tends to open up cans of worms everywhere. Also, since my thyroidectomy last year I just feel that I am getting sicker every day and getting more and more things wrong with me!! At 27 it is such a struggle. No wonder I am blinking single with no kids....what nutcase would want to take all this on haha?!! :yikes:

Anyway, my PIP mandatory reconsideration came through today and it has been disallowed again they are upholding the decision. I have been disallowed by 2 points. I lost my fulltime job last year and had to go part-time and I am not receiving a penny from the welfare system and living off my part-time wage which is VERY difficult. I have no opportunity or option to progress with my life i.e. move out my parents, get my own nest, buy a new car rather than driving a tin about!!?? GRRR lol.
I have decided I am going to appeal the decision and take it up with an independent tribunal. Can any of you advise what I should expect with this? Are appeals even successful? It is just complete injustice that they have disallowed me considering my daily battles with my health. :( makes me very sad but I have the attitude of ...it is out of my control at the moment so I just have to "let it go" as elsa from Disney's Frozen would sing haha!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated everyone. Sooo glad I have access to this forum as it REALLY helps.

Coco x
cocobella
UKFM Member

Re: Week from HELL - Help

Postby Garyl » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:25 pm

Bella

Contact Michelle at fightback on facebook she will provide advice and help if she can. Is all wrong the way these people treat us.

Am suffering myself at the moment pain is hard to discribe so i can sympathise with you, i got turned down for DLA and have not bothered since even though a DSS worker said i should claim.

I just cannot cope with the hassles sleep is non existant for me really 10 mins here and there.

Your best course is Michelle at Fightback this government is not intrested in us.
Garyl
UKFM Member

Postby scoke » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:07 pm

Just a quick comment on anaemia without iron deficiency - I'm the other way around, often have iron deficiency but was told it wasn't anaemia when I called it so.... Can anyone explain difference?
scoke
UKFM Member

Postby Shazatat66 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:28 pm

Hi this is my first time on here, I'm also having a week from hell...I really feel for you iwas diagnosed 8 years ago with fibro and I seem to be getting worse. I used to be a care assistant until I was medically dismissed I didn't get dla or disability,I have a full time job now but have had a lot of time off recentlyy bosses no I have fibro but I'm scared the same thing will happen again.it is so worrying.
Shazatat66
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:03 pm

http://www.patient.co.uk/doctor/Non-Ana ... ciency.htm try this link it explains a little about the different types :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:05 pm

Hi Shazatat and :welcome: to the forum maybe pop over to the 'where to say hello' board and tell us a little about yourself fibro and work can be a difficult thing to manage for some but :fingerscrossed: you will be OK
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia