Gardening

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Gardening

Postby dotty lotty » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:07 am

Have been doing well with my acupuncture so decided to do some weeding and leaf lifting. Nice and gentle and felt ok. :clap:

Planning to get rid of some trees to make it easier. OH was going to do it so I decided to chop of some of the smaller branches to make it easier.

He then said naw get a gardener :shooting: :shooting: :shooting: So I am now very painful but am hoping :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: it is normal gardening pain and not a flare :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: . Live and learn :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Re: Gardening

Postby padders » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:03 am

He'll, it could just be gardening pain, if you don't do it very often or even cutting the lower branches off the trees is hard work,so maybe just body acheing from all the work. If it hasn't gone in say 2-3 days or pain getting worse then I would sat you are in a flare up. I would just sit and relax today with just gentle movements to keep you supple and so you don't seize up. Hope it is just pain from overdoing it x
padders
UKFM Member

Postby Susan Stokes » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:34 am

We all have to learn the hard way don't we - hope you get the normal 'gardening' recovery.

I was very proud of my garden - we were plantaholics and the lawn gradually diminished to accommodate all the plants we took a fancy to. The garden was my biggest passion - now it's a jungle. The plants and weeds have run riot after 2/3 years of neglect. I look at it and think 'maybe tomorrow I'll feel up to it' but lets face it one day out of 365 isn't going to make much impression is it. On a warm, sunny day I can sit out there and think 'I didn't realise that weed grew so high' - well after all a weed is just another plant in the wrong place.

Chin up - best foot forward (even if it is only to the sofa).
Susan Stokes
UKFM Member

Postby mandiw » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:53 pm

I know just how you feel Susan. I too loved my garden and was a plantaholic too. I had started a course for Garden Design, that cost lots of money, but had to give it up coz I couldn't cope with it.
when we moved into our house 12 years ago the garden was a wilderness and I completely redesigned it and we have worked hard on it over the years but now I have FMS its really hard.
I do manage to do an hour or so now and again and sometimes I get away with it and others I have to suffer for a few days.
I wish I had known then that my life would change soooo much then I would have just laid it all to lawn for my hubby to mow rather than large flower beds.
mandiw
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia