Yawning excessively

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Yawning excessively

Postby Crafty_Lady » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:55 am

This may seem like an odd topic, but i wondered if anyone else yawns really excessively, some days i can yawn 20 + times - i just can't stop myself from doing it. Then my eyes really water a lot.... its odd. Today is one of those days, i must have done it about 15 times so far, even if i do a yawn, i'll then do another one straight away...
Crafty_Lady
UKFM Member

Re: Yawning excessively

Postby sej55 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:56 pm

You are not alone! I go through periods of yawning all the time, but never feel like I have a "proper" yawn. Feel like I cant fill my lungs, and only breathe at the top of my chest. It gets very frustrating, and the more I think about it the worse I get. I have been given Lorazepam by my doc, as sometimes it develops into panic attacks. I dont like taking them, but sometimes I have to to break the cycle. :-|
sej55
UKFM Newbie

Postby Amandacoyle » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:46 pm

I am so glad to hear that I am not the only one who yawn every 3 minutes or so but I can't help it. I just feel so tired all the time. Hope you know that we can't help ourselves when we do it xx
Amandacoyle
UKFM Newbie

Postby dotty lotty » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:51 pm

Am yawning just reading this (not cause it is boring it is the "y" word) . I also tend to yawn +++++ and breathe from the top of my chest. :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Postby robcathy » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:05 pm

I seem to yawn alot and also have watery eyes. I now have a twitch in my right eye. I had it for days. What next? Just one more thing to contend with. If only I could sleep for several days, to get a respite. Has anyone tried fibrosleep tablets. I have ordered some and are now desperate! :yikes:
robcathy
UKFM Newbie

Postby dazzleship » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:49 pm

yup.. me too. I have moments (usually early / mid afternoon) where I just can't stop yawning even if I don't feel tired (although sometimes I do feel tired at this point as well). hate it if I have a meeting at work and I'm trying desperately not to yawn. then if I try to do the "yawn with mouth closed" thing my face contorts rather strangely..

.. oh and I'm another one who started yawning just cos of reading the word 'yawn' on this thread :-D

and I get the watery eyes too like someone else mentioned.
dazzleship
dazzleship
UKFM Member

Postby BlueBerry » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:15 pm

me too last couple of days i have been so tried and I been fall a sleep i wonder if it cause nice weather we are having or it me :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image Pingo is my middle name :lol:
BlueBerry
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia