20mg Amitriptyline + Hottest Bath ever =

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

20mg Amitriptyline + Hottest Bath ever =

Postby TNK* » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:31 pm

=

A few minutes relatively pain free !!

Not totally free of pain, still a bit achey, but I feel pretty good at the minute....not sure how long it will last, but im just going to relax and make the most of it! 8-)
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes When You're Fast Asleep ºOº

Jo xx
TNK*
UKFM Member

Re: 20mg Amitriptyline + Hottest Bath ever =

Postby colin halls » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:03 pm

yep that also works for me
colin halls
UKFM Newbie

Postby TNK* » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:14 pm

its a pretty great feeling innit....still feeling ok, going to take my co codamol and arcoxia in a minute so hopefully will stay pretty good for the rest of the night!

Jo xx
TNK*
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:41 pm

I've had that feeling since taking the ami (in a bit of a flare at the moment though). Dont know what I would do without it!
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby morette5 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:28 pm

How long have you all been on Amitiptyline?
morette5
UKFM Member

Postby TNK* » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:48 pm

Just over 3 months for me, i was on 10 mg at first and noticed subtle changes but couldnt tell if it was just wishful thinking, but was increased to 20mg after the first month and been on that for 2 months now and I have definitely noticed a difference.
ie: i slept really well last night, got up about half 8, was in work for 10am till 3, did bits and bobs with the kids, and its nearly 11pm and ive not had a nap today! where usually i would have come home from work and gone straight to bed, also the pain is a lot more manageable at the minute and im finding there is increased time between needing painkillers and anti inflammatories!
Im due to see my GP this week and i think she will be thrilled, I am hoping though to increase to 30mg and maybe the flare ups will be a little fewer and further apart!

Jo xx
TNK*
UKFM Member

Postby Gill76 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:40 pm

I know exactly what you mean. I had a medication review with my GP a few weeks ago. She was going through my list of meds and got to the Amitriptylene, at which point I said it was absolutely wonderful and please don't ever stop my prescription. She did start to laugh and said she was glad it was working for me.

I take between 30 and 40mg depending on how I'm feeling, but the improvement since I started taking it was definitely noticeable. No more falling asleep as soon as I got home from work, or falling asleep on the bus (morning and afternoon), not feeling so exhausted while I'm at work. Feeling safe enough to drive longish distances again. My parents live about a 2 hour drive away and I'd get my husband to drive instead of me as I was worried about falling asleep and crashing. I could be fine one minute and the next was like getting hit with a sledgehammer I felt so tired.

I just really hope it carries on working, can't imagine having to go back to how I was.
Diagnosed HMS - 1996 ~ Diagnosed Fibro - April 2011
Gill76
UKFM Member

Postby barnie22 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:40 pm

Hi every one
I new. I have had fybro for 10 years. I have been on amitriptyline all this time i sm now on 100mg i have tried coming off them but wasnt able asi ended up in pain. Now having problems with breathing hope to get that sorted im wondrting if its to do with fybro, have to see what they sayehen had heart scan. I now been off work for 6 months. I do get so tired i can just fall asleep sitting at the computer.
barnie22
UKFM Newbie

Postby TNK* » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:04 pm

Hiya xx

Jo xx
TNK*
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:35 am

Hi Barnie and :welcome: to the forum, how about popping over to the where to say hello board and introducing yourself,you will get more hits if you make a new post. You may get bit lost in here :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia