Hard day today

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hard day today

Postby Easylifer » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:48 pm

I decided to give up massage

I told all my clients today :(, i have found a lovely lady who is able to take on my clients and continue their treatment. Feeling very sad, but i will have more time to make things and hopefully set up an online shop to sell through, so onwards and upwards, time to rest my body and look after myself i guess.

just hoping i can earn enough money through my care work :fingerscrossed:
Easylifer
UKFM Member

Re: Hard day today

Postby mags3pets » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:09 pm

Its so hard giving in to illness. I feel guilty when I can't hoover or wash the dishes. One of my friends said, " Why? Do you think the cleaning police are going to inspect your house?" But its really hard giving in to this terrible illness. Good luck with your new venture. :-) :-)
mags3pets
UKFM Member

Postby kuls » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:27 am

I absolutely agree that it is so hard to give in to your pain but on the other hand maybe it gives you time to really think about what you would love to do with your life instead of just being busy doing the things we always do without really thinking about if we are really happy. I know for me it was really hard letting go of a career I had been in for 22years but my fibro was the only thing that would have stopped me and only then when I could barely move , did I let go. The only thing I can say is by letting go , I was given so much more and found my joy for life again. I hope it will be the same for you too.
kuls
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:57 am

Sorry to hear you have had to stop EL but sometimes there is no other way, I hope your selling goes well once you start it :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby dotty lotty » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:02 am

Sorry to hear about giving up massage.
On the positive you have a plan in place and you are looking after yourself.
Take care and :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Postby Easylifer » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:43 pm

Thanks everyone, i do feel abit better, i have told most clients, thats the hardest bit, i've already planned to change my treatment room into a craft room :) and i have booked a crochet lesson, i am very much a cup is half full person, there are worse things out there, if FM is what i have to deal with instead of anything else i'll take it :-D
Easylifer
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:07 pm

:welldone: :welldone: :welldone: :welldone: :welldone: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear: :teddy-bear:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia