CPAP machines for everyone soon!!

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

CPAP machines for everyone soon!!

Postby Tel1 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:28 pm

Hi All

As you probably may remember that I mentioned on one of my replies to someone that I have Obstructive Sleep Apnoea as well as
Fibro.... and I am on a CPAP machine...all I will say is, that it * does* stop the tiredness .... I read somewhere else that a hospital or some division within a hospital in the UK somewhere as going to start introducing CPAP trials for Fibro patients....
This link is not the MAIN link I saw on all this.... but If I find it again, I will certainly post it on here....

http://neuropathy.hubpages.com/hub/slee ... bromyalgia

In the meantime... there you are:)) No doubt you will all make your own decisions as to what you all think on this:))
Tel1
UKFM Member

Re: CPAP machines for everyone soon!!

Postby michmc62 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:11 pm

i was diagnosed with sleep apnoea 3 years ago ,in the first 4 weeks ,i was suppose to feel much better ,but i felt so ill ,i was sent to see a consultant on rheumatology, was told about fibro ,i laughed i thought i had something life threatening, after second opinon accepted i have fibro ,i was told the sleep apnoea was masking the fibro ,i really think i have had fibro for years ,i have been using a cpap machine for nearly 3 years ,i still do not feel any better in fact worse ,saw the sleep team this week and was advised to use cpap machine ,even when im just napping ,as with the machine i stop breathing once an hour ,without the machine i stop breathing 28 times an hour ,which can add to my problems ,hope this gives info and helps others mich
michmc62
UKFM Newbie

Postby Fibroised » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:19 pm

Hi there,
I had it for a couple of weeks and kept waking up with runny eyes, so had the machine changed. Same thing again except worse!! Seems like the apnea was only a symptom, not a problem in itself, and as a result I was allergic to it! They are just part of the process of diagnosing fibro, and in my opinion, not necessary as sleeping difficulties are also symptoms of fibro.
xxxxx :-D
Fibroised
UKFM Member

Postby sej55 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:23 pm

I have used CPAP for 12 years. Can't sleep without it. It doesn't really stop the tiredness but as I stop breathing about 60 times per hour I would be dead without it ! God bless the inventor. X
sej55
UKFM Newbie

Postby catscout » Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:29 pm

That article made a lot of sense, thanks for posting.

I have had a back problem for 20 years and so always wake up every time I have to turn over because of the pain, I almost never sleep through the whole night.

And now as a reward for that I have a chronic pain and fatigue syndrome to show for it, life works in mysterious ways doesn't it folks?

Be well.

X
catscout
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:18 am

I have sleep apnea. I have a machine. I stop breathing a lot. I have a type of apnea where I stop breathing while awake. I will actually gasp for air while awake and doing things. It sounds unbelievable unless you hear me .

Fibroised.....I also have got watery eyes and it is usually caused by a leak and air blowing on the eyes or how you lay down the air that blows out of the vent goes in your eyes. You could get a different mask or change to a nasal mask, the ones like you get in the hospital that clip in your nose.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia