The Chrysalis Effect

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

The Chrysalis Effect

Postby Gemski » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:41 pm

Hi everyone,

Has anyone heard of this or bought into it? It sounds interesting and hopeful but it's also £22 a month for 9 months!

The web link is
http://www.thechrysaliseffect.com

Would be interested to hear from anyone who is trying it/tried it.

Hope you're all having a good day xxx
Gemski
UKFM Newbie

Re: The Chrysalis Effect

Postby denys » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:46 pm

Don't know it sounds expensive to be given ebooks that seem to effectively say the same things all the others do :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: personally I wouldn't be able to afford it and am always dubious when people claim to offer a 'cure' for these types of illness.

If they were claiming that they could reduce the symptoms I might be a little more accepting but a 'cure' always has me running for the hills

Thanks for posting as others may wish to take advantage of the link and :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: their claims are true and they can help some members :-? :-? :-? :-? :-?
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Gemski » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:12 pm

Thanks Denys! I've found that there is a therapist who runs a monthly support group so I might pop along next month and see what other info I can gain for free. I feel like I should do it now to let you all know if it's a load if c**p!
Gemski
UKFM Newbie

Postby Tally1068 » Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:52 pm

I'm sceptical too. Having spent a shedload on "alternative therapies" over the years I don't think it's for everyone as a) it's hideously expensive and b) I've found changing your nutrition and all the supplements is like paying through the nose.
If you are going to do exercise then, as a singleton in a wheelchair then how are you supposed to get to places. I have enough trouble getting to the dentist and doctors and arranging for friends to take my dog to the vets, to use up all my goodwill in ferrying around. :(
So many questions and yes it may be the next best thing and a cure possible, but would it work for everyone? I'll wait until I hear more about it in mainstream print.
Good Luck to anyone trying it though. Who's going to be a guinea pig and tell us you are healed? :-)
Tally1068
UKFM Member

Postby migrembe » Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:30 pm

I hear cryogenics is good - at least they can freeze us until they come up with a cure and we won't have any pain or fatigue :-D
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:16 pm

Gemski wrote:Thanks Denys! I've found that there is a therapist who runs a monthly support group so I might pop along next month and see what other info I can gain for free. I feel like I should do it now to let you all know if it's a load if crap!

If you manage to get to the support group, try to keep your mind as open as you can to what is said. There may be some interesting points made. There may also be a lot of waffle and padding, all designed to make things sound amazing and appealing to draw prospective new clients in.

You could also find that there is some "gentle coercing" used to try and draw you in and get you signed up, so keep an ear open as they may have ready answers to reasons you try and use for not joining {if that's what you decide to do.}
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia