[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Turmeric

Turmeric

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Turmeric

Postby denys » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:45 pm

Ask your pharmacist Mercia they can be a great source of information regarding meds and sometimes are easier to get to than the docs.
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby carolad » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:56 pm

carolad
UKFM Member

Postby Deep pain » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:23 pm

I will shortly start to take turmeric tablets but a bit concerned as to how I can incorporate it with black pepper. The ideal scenario for me would be to incorporate black pepper groundings into my diet by just sprinkling it on my food etc. However I am not sure how much black pepper I should be taking on a daily basis.

Not too keen on things like coconut oil as it tastes horrible :(

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Deep pain
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:19 pm

The idea with turmeric when using it with the oil is and pepper is to make it into a paste for using on/in food. For our doglet it gets poured over and mixed in with her kibble, a bit like a dressing. I have heard of huu~mons doing a similar thing with it over salads, potatoes etc.

Every once in a while, a dog enters your life and changes everything xx

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Deep pain » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:29 pm

Once again many thanks for your reply.

I guess that works fine when using turmeric powder but I assume it changes things when using turmeric tablets/capsules.

I think I will just have to sprinkle some on every meal I have and hope it's enough.

Thanks
Deep pain
UKFM Member

Postby carolad » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:57 pm

carolad
UKFM Member

Postby Deep pain » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:12 pm

Thank you I do really appreciate you taking the time to reply. I think that's what I will do and see how I go for a couple of weeks and report back on my progress.

Thanks
Deep pain
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:16 pm

We have capsules for her at the moment and just open them up to make her dressing/paste each time. Wrt the tablets, I believe these are just simply taken as you would do with any other pill/capsule. Do check with whoever you get them from about the best way to take them tho, to be sure you will getting the best from them.

Every once in a while, a dog enters your life and changes everything xx

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Previous

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia