Turmeric

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Turmeric

Postby denys » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:45 pm

Ask your pharmacist Mercia they can be a great source of information regarding meds and sometimes are easier to get to than the docs.
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby carolad » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:56 pm

Mercia wrote:Is turmeric ok with ibs with fibromyalgia
I know it us not the same for everyone

Turmeric is a spice, not a medicine so I'm sure it would be safe enough :) But I suppose it would just be a matter of trial and error to see if it made your IBS better or worse; IBS seems to be a very individual thing, different things will act as triggers for different people. Might be worth trying though :)
carolad
UKFM Member

Postby Deep pain » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:23 pm

I will shortly start to take turmeric tablets but a bit concerned as to how I can incorporate it with black pepper. The ideal scenario for me would be to incorporate black pepper groundings into my diet by just sprinkling it on my food etc. However I am not sure how much black pepper I should be taking on a daily basis.

Not too keen on things like coconut oil as it tastes horrible :(

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Deep pain
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:19 pm

The idea with turmeric when using it with the oil is and pepper is to make it into a paste for using on/in food. For our doglet it gets poured over and mixed in with her kibble, a bit like a dressing. I have heard of huu~mons doing a similar thing with it over salads, potatoes etc.

Every once in a while, a dog enters your life and changes everything xx
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Deep pain » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:29 pm

Once again many thanks for your reply.

I guess that works fine when using turmeric powder but I assume it changes things when using turmeric tablets/capsules.

I think I will just have to sprinkle some on every meal I have and hope it's enough.

Thanks
Deep pain
UKFM Member

Postby carolad » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:57 pm

Deep pain wrote:Once again many thanks for your reply.

I guess that works fine when using turmeric powder but I assume it changes things when using turmeric tablets/capsules.

I think I will just have to sprinkle some on every meal I have and hope it's enough.

Thanks

Yes, that's what I do :) I usually do about 8 'grinds'. And don't worry if you don't like coconut oil, just make sure there is some fat in your meal to allow you to be able to absorb the turmeric. I think they say coconut oil because it is anti-inflammatory and has other health benefits, but if you have olive oil or even old fashioned (grass-fed) butter, that's ok too :)
carolad
UKFM Member

Postby Deep pain » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:12 pm

Thank you I do really appreciate you taking the time to reply. I think that's what I will do and see how I go for a couple of weeks and report back on my progress.

Thanks
Deep pain
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:16 pm

We have capsules for her at the moment and just open them up to make her dressing/paste each time. Wrt the tablets, I believe these are just simply taken as you would do with any other pill/capsule. Do check with whoever you get them from about the best way to take them tho, to be sure you will getting the best from them.

Every once in a while, a dog enters your life and changes everything xx

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Previous

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia