hello all

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

hello all

Postby painprincess1 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:11 pm

well its two weeks now till I see this nero I just hope he or she is nice and not in a rush.
anyway I started walking the dogs just under two hours a day two walks a day. it has really helped my elbow pain and im not so tired as I was.also lost a few pound.not that you would notice hehe.
I still cant do without the tramadol .but im wondering if that's my body withdrawing without it.or fibro
in fact im really wondering if I have fibro or ever did.
or maybe the walking is helping it.
I no we all suffer different but I really don't seem to suffer the way so many of u do .ok maybe I should say not the same way.
most of my pain is elbow and feet lower back. I don't swing my right arm and I shake
ive started getting cramps in my feet at night to.
but in saying that id miss everyone here if I don't have it.
ok il shut up lol .I must post a pic of jake to as he is huge now.
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Re: hello all

Postby Diane64 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:22 pm

Hi there,

I think we all wonder every now and again if we really have fibro or its just a mish mash of ailments, im not so sure though hun that you don't suffer the same way, all that you suffer is how it started off for me, it first started with elbow pain...and now the list goes on. I wold like to think Im still fit (ish) or at least I just get out there and do it cause sore if don't and sore if do, dog walking is great exercise aswell, we have just got a dog a few weeks ago but he is a brute and pulls me a lot when on the lead, I came off the gabapentin because made no difference to the pain,

Happy dog walking, what breed do you have?
Diane64
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:12 pm

Nice to have you back on here with us PP :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

As well as the physical benefits, doglet walking can be so good for the soul too. I'm walked by DeeDee when OH is working, and on the days he is off~duty I try to go with him when I'm able to. Thru doglet walking we've met and got to know some lovely people that walk similar routes to the ones we take :dogrun1:

Hopefully seeing the Neuro will give you some answers about the extra symptoms and problems you are experiencing. Having to play The Waiting Game for an appt is so frustrating tho, and the last week or 2 in the run~up to when you will be going seem to take forever to pass :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Diane, have you tried walking your doglet using something like a Halti Head Collar or other control~type head collar??? My girlie is a springie~spangle which are notorious for pulling like trains and after trying different things, incl the Halti, we found that a harness suited her better. The one we use applies gentle pressure on the chest area when she pulls, and is much more effective at stopping her dragging me along. She's quite capable of loose~lead walking, but when she's excited all that goes out of the window and full springiness is auto~engaged :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: It might be worth seeing if there are any training classes in your area, as well as teaching your doglet to walk more suitably on his lead, a decent trainer will also have techniques for you to use to stop him when he starts pulling.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby ..:: lisa ::.. » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:08 pm

Hi, I don't have much to add regarding the fibro stuff, but I just had to add to the doggie bits.

I had a halti head collar for my dog, it was a life saver, the one and only way I could walk him, he's a strong, heavy, boisterous dog.

However 2/3 months ago we noticed his right eye was cloudy and blood shot, 2 weeks later he had to have his eye removed as he had a tumour in it. Before he had it removed the vet had made a comment about haltis/headcollars and said a harness would be better.

If you get one make sure that it's the correct size and doesn't ride up in to the eyes. Also even though it DOES stop pulling, aim for it to be a short term solution,

It might be worth seeing if there are any training classes in your area, as well as teaching your doglet to walk more suitably on his lead, a decent trainer will also have techniques for you to use to stop him when he starts pulling.

YES!! I went to these classes when my boy was a pup, he was well behaved for a little while, then got hormonal.....

I cringe every time I a headcollar in use now

Lisa x
—(••÷[ I may ramble at times as my train of thought has crashed. Please be patient and bare with me ]÷••)—
..:: lisa ::..
UKFM Member

Postby Diane64 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:18 pm

Sorry to jump into your post pp with dog info.. :oops: .. ive just googled halti head collar and we actually have one, the previous owner used it sometimes and gave this, with his lead, collar etc, I have to say I didn't like putting it on as felt this was to be enjoyable taking him out but I didn't think he was enjoying the experience and felt bad so haven't used it for a while, he is a lurcher, still a pup at 9 months but a BIG dog. He normally walks beside me but if see's another dog he howls and pulls, I just got a cortisone injection in shoulder last week so maybe should consider the collar for a wee while.

We got him snipped which is supposed to calm them down but is a total hyper bagger still..he just loves to run and play with other dogs.
Diane64
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:53 pm

Hi Diane . he is a border collie tri color. ive posted some pics on fur baby page.
u say I started the same as me well I had fibro for over ten years so im told so these new things really don't fit for me . do u have lack of swing in your arm then ? xxxhugs
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby Diane64 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:14 am

Hi PP.. Not sure what you mean by "swing" as in can I swing my arms?lol.. I certainly cant with the right arm, I get cortisone injections in my elbow and shoulder, shoulder being the worst, got jag last week so not so bad just now, just been referred to podiatrist for plantar fasciiatis, lots of things and strange ailments come and go with me, im getting really fed up with them all now..

Ps youre dog looks fab, I enjoy the walks with mine, places I now go that takes me 2 minutes to get to that never went near prior to having a dog, rivers, parks, ponds and all looking good in the summer. xx
Diane64
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:58 am

Hi di. yes I did mean arm swing as in when u walk your arms should swing lol.
see that what scares me how easy it is to have one thing that mimics something else. that why I asked to see a rheumatologist .for me the elbow pain goes once I start moving I can feel it ease.so moving for me is key. I believe most ppl with fibro don't get relief from the pain from moving to the point where it goes for a few hours or so. now watch 1000 ppl tell me im wrong hehe.
I do hope u start to feel better soon today I feel like someone put me in a boxing ring with no gloves tied me to a chair and and used a baseball bat on me. the joys of a wrongly wired brain lol
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia