At my wits end?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

At my wits end?

Postby JDWench » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:33 pm

My counsellor has seen a "notable improvement" in my mood because I'm actually looking forward to my future.
Yesterday at work after I arrived sobbing due to the pain in my legs the people who usually slag me off rallied to help, let me have a break I wasn't due, agreed to let me have an office chair behind the till and helped me wedge it in the tiny space, they even let me leave early. My store manager who I thought would be understanding now he knows about my condition came to me with his "if I can work so can you" attitude which made me furious!

Today I've been paid but it's £150 less than usual leaving me unable to make ends meet. I no longer qualify for free medical treatment and haven't been to pick up my amitriptyline because I can't pay. I had a phone consultation with my gp today and he's prescribed tramadol. I'm having to borrow money for my medication, I don't know how my partner and I will get through the month. I feel like just as I'm getting somewhere it all turns to crap.
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Made paragraphs a little clearer for easier reading.
Help me raise money for Reach http://www.justgiving.com/Sadie-Scott1
JDWench
UKFM Member

Re: At my wits end?

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:43 pm

Have you spoken to your payroll people to see why you have been short paid??? If it's a clerical/processing area, they should be able to arrange a payment to go to your account.

If the shortage has occurred due to a deduction being made for something work~related, you'll need to take it up with HR/Head Office types people. It used to be that if deduction in pay is going to be made, a period of notice should be given before it happens, but things have changed significantly since I was last in a work environment, so you would need to check on operating procedures/practices. If you have a union or staff association membership, it would be wise to talk to your rep for further clarification and advice.

Wrt to prescription costs, as I don't qualify for free ones, I have a Prescription Prepayment Certificate {PPC.} It saves me an absolute fortune over each year, and as a 12 month one can be paid for over 10 months, it makes paying for it so much easier. From the linky you should also be able to access additional info to see if you could qualify for any other help with health costs.

You need to speak to your bank about the shortfall, esp if it's going to take a while to resolve. They will be able to add notes about what has happened, and may be able to help with a temporary borrowing/overdraft limit until things are sorted. It might also be worth talking to people that need paying, such as gas, electricity etc. The sooner they know about a problem, or potential one, the more they can, and may be likely to do to try and help. They may let you make a reduced payment, or pay later than usual, or something else that will give you some time to try and get things sorted.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Re: At my wits end?

Postby denys » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:02 pm

Dont think I can add anything to the advice Flup has given you, but wanted to say I feel for you and hope you can get it sorted out quickly
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia