Severe knee and hand pain

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Severe knee and hand pain

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:29 pm

Tally1068 wrote:I have no idea if Carpel Tunnel Syndrome can be an effect, but I did want to mention the ointment that eases things for me. I cant get on with any pain relieving gel - it burns and is worse than before. It's celedrin and is made from natural ingredients.

Of course it may be useless for other people but it certainly works in swelling and pain relief for me. More about it here:

http://www.celadrininfo.com/faq/faq.html

It's always good to hear about something that helps Tally, esp something natural. With the numerous meds we have in our cocktails, having something that can be used without adding to the pharmaceutical torrent that rages thru our bodies is a very welcome option.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby prettypolly » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:31 pm

Hi E-bunny
I too am suffering terribly with my knees and hands. I've had to ask for an electric stapler at work because I can't squeeze a normal one.
I just hope I can keep working, it's such a struggle. Today my whole body has just shut down. It feels like I've got heavy flu but without the sneezing and coughing.
On days like this I'm so angry at the fibro....it's hard to keep going.

Very gentle hug for you X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
prettypolly
UKFM Newbie

Postby euryleia » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:56 am

I've got the same. I used to be a secretary but had to give it up because the typing was so painful, and now I can't do much at all in the way of work, hands being essential for everything... The drs previously thought it was tendonitis or carpal tunnel, but nerve conduction studies came back normal. My hands get so bad I can barely wipe myself after the loo and are always numb and tingling.

I've had knee problems for years - MRI came back normal at which point I had a breakdown as it felt like nobody would believe that I was in pain. The most plausible reason is that fibro makes my muscles so stiff that it pulls my knee slightly out of joint every time I move and gives me hip pain as well. I'm biting the bullet and getting a walking stick for my worst days.
euryleia
UKFM Member

Postby rich44 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:05 pm

I have this at the moment hands feel almost unusable, knees and ankles are killing me too.
rich44
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia