Burning Eyes ??

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Burning Eyes ??

Postby Crafty_Lady » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:55 am

I just wondered if anyone else gets this symptom, recently i have had really burning eyes, it is SO painful. The only way to describe it is that its like you have rubbed a chilli in your eyes! My eyes then start watering and i just have to wait until its eased.
Crafty_Lady
UKFM Member

Re: Burning Eyes ??

Postby kay13 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:22 pm

omg i get this too x
kay13
UKFM Newbie

Postby charlotteerika » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:05 pm

I get this too, horrible :(
charlotteerika
UKFM Member

Postby gilld » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:06 pm

Yep, me too!
gilld
UKFM Member

Postby ..:: lisa ::.. » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:21 pm

And me.....
—(••÷[ I may ramble at times as my train of thought has crashed. Please be patient and bare with me ]÷••)—
..:: lisa ::..
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:58 pm

I get it when I'm tired. It's not something that bothers me a lot. Perhaps you could get some eye drops?
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby mickz » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:33 pm

Hi I'm new here and suffered fibro for years since a child, I've been getting bad itchy eyes from hayfever lately.
mickz
UKFM Newbie

Postby wendielou » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:41 am

I get this also and after my eyes are red and bruised like a love bite ( I know they are disgusting but the only way a can describe the look) . The other week the marks were that bad I took a photo to show my gp then forgot to take my phone where I had stored it he he.... Fog :shock: xx
wendielou
UKFM Newbie

Postby pvbyford » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:16 pm

hey everyone wondered if this helps,

Burning, itchy, gritty eyes??

Anyone heard of dry eyes? well i have this and its quite common in fibro. Its a life long problem but can be managed with eye drops its basically where your eyes dont produce enough tears. heres a link if u think u might have this: http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/dry-eye-sy ... ction.aspx

hope this helps :-)
Lots of love

Poppy

:)
pvbyford
UKFM Member

Postby dotty lotty » Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:25 am

Sometimes medication can play a part in dry eyes. :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Postby Tel1 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:14 pm

OMG!!!! I get this as well.... it IS another nightmare thing that seems to come with Fibro... but not for all SO the
doctors tell me.... ( but I don't think they know anyway ) Anyway... I had this what I thought was a watery eye,
but then they tell me at the hospital that it is dry eye.... and they came up with a conclusion that it was due to
me have Bells Palsy 3 years ago and sometimes it can linger with people for years.... I had all the drops put in the
eyes, by two different doctors. and also eye scan and they said nothing is wrong...but that I have a dry eye!!!
I said am I going blind and they said NO:)) but it certainly feel like it as it goes all blurred most of the time, so it
is very worrying.... however I have had the burning eyes that you describe , and that can also be the start of Bells
Palsy.. as that is what I had before it actually came out..... What lives we lead eh:))) whata nightmare this Fibromyalgia
is....not to mention everything else all seem to get and experience... Let me know if you also get what I describe. :-)
Tel1
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia