tingling like pins and needles

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

tingling like pins and needles

Postby nigela » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:14 am

Hi I have had very sore spot on top of back plus exhaustion after doing things for years now. two years ago terrible hip/buttock pain started physio thought it was scaro iliac joint dysfunction-given exercises to do. However it hurts worse sitting and lying down. Now getting terrible tingling in thigh and down leg but also arm on same side. But not the more painful side! Occ tingle in face too. When I have asked GPs about fibro they have just agreed with me and said oh yes it may be that. anyone else get constant tingling? Also had the most terrible like electric shock pain in top of thigh which woke me up the other morning.
Nigela
nigela
UKFM Member

Re: tingling like pins and needles

Postby Lorirach » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:32 am

Hi,

I have pins and needles in my arms and legs all the time. My hands are actually the worst for me and often I cannot feel things because the pins and needles are so bad, so I end up dropping things :oops:

I was diagnosed last October with FM and CFS but last month I also got the hyperthyroid diagnosis which my GP thinks has more to do with the pins and needles rather than the FM.

I'm sorry that you are suffering and sorry I am not more useful but hope your GP can sort you out soon xxx
Lorirach
UKFM Member

Postby hazely » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:48 pm

Hi i have fm and carpal tunnel and get this sensation in my hands mostly but also in my face and feet. At first dr tried to tell me it was carpal tunnel so I said well why is it in my feet as well then. Eventually got diagonalises for fm. Think they just put it down as fm but have an appointment in 4 weeks for some physio so will see how that goes. The tingling in the face dr said I has hyperventilating but I said no as it usually occurs when i am chilled watch tv. didn't really get any explanation after that although it send for more blood tests which all came back ok.
hazely
UKFM Member

Postby teddy1 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:08 pm

Hi - I was literally about to post about pins and needles and I saw your post :-)

I get pins and needles and loss of sensation a lot in my hands. I wasn't sure if it was to do with the FM but now thanks to this post I know it it.

It can be scary because its a pretty serious symptom but I suppose its just another frustrating symptom of this condition.

Take care
Teddy x
teddy1
UKFM Newbie

Postby BonnGayle » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:23 am

I get this tingly fingers and thefeeling you have beasties crawling under your skin rather unpleasant but I dunno I guess Ive learnt to ignore it
Fibro,PCOS,Asthma,excema and Dyspraxia ( undiagnosed because it didnt exist then )
what does'nt kill us just makes us stronger!
BonnGayle
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia