Does anyone else get crazy pains like this from bathing

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Does anyone else get crazy pains like this from bathing

Postby alibp » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:56 pm

I have had horrible pains from soft fabrics and now understand it can be insanely soft when bought but feel like broken glass and razors during a bad day. My new thing is that I just managed to get upstairs to have a very shallow bath and when I got in I sat slightly too hard and the water kinda went in a wave up my leg. Normally that would be lovely and soothing but today it felt like someone was trying to strip the skin from my shins with a sharp knife. Now I'm out of the bath my face feels like scratches and chemical burns but there isn't any redness. I didn't have anything in the bath other than water.
alibp
UKFM Member

Re: Does anyone else get crazy pains like this from bathing

Postby Theresa34 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:20 pm

No I don't get this x How hot was the bath? Have you used a new moisturiser or fabric conditioner?
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby LibbyWick » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:48 pm

I know just what you mean! I have to be so careful what I wear and I use Fairy non-bio washing powder and fabric conditioner. I have had a few occasions when water has caused a problem. I found out later that the water company had been cleaning the pipes with additional chlorine and it hadn't flushed through properly. :yikes: My skin and mouth felt burnt but for the lucky ones without FM there appeared to be no difference to the water. I only have a bath occasionally, usually shower, as sitting in the bath can be horribly painful.

I hope it was only a temporary glitch for you and not something recurring. :hugs:
LibbyWick
UKFM Member

Postby alibp » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:32 am

Theresa34 wrote:No I don't get this x How hot was the bath? Have you used a new moisturiser or fabric conditioner?

Bath was similar temperature that I would run for the children and there have been no changes in softener etc. One of my daughters has eczema so when I find something that she is ok with I tend to stick with it x
alibp
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:36 pm

alibp wrote:
Theresa34 wrote:No I don't get this x How hot was the bath? Have you used a new moisturiser or fabric conditioner?

Bath was similar temperature that I would run for the children and there have been no changes in softener etc. One of my daughters has eczema so when I find something that she is ok with I tend to stick with it x

Does your daughter have Oilatum in her bath for her eczema? When my son flares up I buy it for him. You could try it for yourself. It might help your skin too x
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby juliem » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:26 pm

That must be tough. A nice bath is the one thing that always helps me. Hope you are feeling better.
juliem
UKFM Member

Postby Butterfly8588 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:31 pm

Have to admit this one doesnt ring a bell for me. The only thing I get sometimes is when ive had a shower my feet are insanely itchy. Only happens when ive got them wet for longer then a few mins and it happens whether or not its a bath or the few times I've gone swimming and not everytime either!. Drives me blimmin crackers!

Take care xx
I'm the ghost of a girl that I want to be most, I'm the shell of a girl that I used to know well.
Butterfly8588
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:35 pm

No sorry not for me either, have you seen your doc about it :?: :?: :?:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:54 pm

juliem wrote:That must be tough. A nice bath is the one thing that always helps me. Hope you are feeling better.

Same here, in fact it is now a planned part of each day for me and OH and DS know to leave me in peace when I go in.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby alibp » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:56 am

Will speak to Dr on Friday. Was super sensitive as was having a flare up and gp messed up my prescription for tramadol as well so didn't have painkillers for 2 days. Hopefully it will be a one off.
alibp
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia