[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Does anyone else get crazy pains like this from bathing

Does anyone else get crazy pains like this from bathing

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Does anyone else get crazy pains like this from bathing

Postby alibp » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:56 pm

I have had horrible pains from soft fabrics and now understand it can be insanely soft when bought but feel like broken glass and razors during a bad day. My new thing is that I just managed to get upstairs to have a very shallow bath and when I got in I sat slightly too hard and the water kinda went in a wave up my leg. Normally that would be lovely and soothing but today it felt like someone was trying to strip the skin from my shins with a sharp knife. Now I'm out of the bath my face feels like scratches and chemical burns but there isn't any redness. I didn't have anything in the bath other than water.
alibp
UKFM Member

Re: Does anyone else get crazy pains like this from bathing

Postby Theresa34 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:20 pm

No I don't get this x How hot was the bath? Have you used a new moisturiser or fabric conditioner?
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby LibbyWick » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:48 pm

I know just what you mean! I have to be so careful what I wear and I use Fairy non-bio washing powder and fabric conditioner. I have had a few occasions when water has caused a problem. I found out later that the water company had been cleaning the pipes with additional chlorine and it hadn't flushed through properly. :yikes: My skin and mouth felt burnt but for the lucky ones without FM there appeared to be no difference to the water. I only have a bath occasionally, usually shower, as sitting in the bath can be horribly painful.

I hope it was only a temporary glitch for you and not something recurring. :hugs:
LibbyWick
UKFM Member

Postby alibp » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:32 am

alibp
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:36 pm

I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby juliem » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:26 pm

That must be tough. A nice bath is the one thing that always helps me. Hope you are feeling better.
juliem
UKFM Member

Postby Butterfly8588 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:31 pm

Have to admit this one doesnt ring a bell for me. The only thing I get sometimes is when ive had a shower my feet are insanely itchy. Only happens when ive got them wet for longer then a few mins and it happens whether or not its a bath or the few times I've gone swimming and not everytime either!. Drives me blimmin crackers!

Take care xx
I'm the ghost of a girl that I want to be most, I'm the shell of a girl that I used to know well.
Butterfly8588
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:35 pm

No sorry not for me either, have you seen your doc about it :?: :?: :?:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:54 pm

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby alibp » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:56 am

Will speak to Dr on Friday. Was super sensitive as was having a flare up and gp messed up my prescription for tramadol as well so didn't have painkillers for 2 days. Hopefully it will be a one off.
alibp
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia