burning feet syndrome

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

burning feet syndrome

Postby annet » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:19 pm

How do any of you treat this? I find it is agony at night and the cream from the GP doesn't really make much difference. Any suggestions gratefully received. Thanx.
annet
UKFM Member

Re: burning feet syndrome

Postby kazisedso » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:48 pm

Hi,

I too suffer with burning feet, and they itch like crazy!

The other night my hubby had to wet a towel with cold water and put it over my feet as I couldn't cool them down whilst in bed.
It helped a little.

I haven't got any creams etc for this.
What did your gp prescribe if you don't mind me asking?

Sorry I can't offer you any advice, but I just thought I'd let you know that your not alone in having this symptom.

Here's hoping that the predicted heat wave doesn't add to the discomfort.... It's a big hope though!!!

All the best
Karen
kazisedso
UKFM Member

Postby steve64 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:13 am

mine are the same all the time, it kills me when I have to put on my trainers or shoes my feet are in agony after 30mins I live in flip flops has much as I can and dread going to bed cos the burning and throbbing in both feet gets worse than ever even tried putting a pillow under them to lift them up a bit :(
steve64
UKFM Newbie

Postby iblinkin » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:25 am

I found quite out by accident that when sleeping we had an air conditioner in our window aimed at our feet with a blanket over my feet and it worked really well and dreaded the winter because the AC had to be put away. I sometimes use ice packs on my feet, maybe try that? Also i find crossing my legs or feet agravates the condtion and i do this involuntary not being aware untill the pain starts. Cheers and gentle hugs to all.
iblinkin
UKFM Member

Postby libbiek30 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:04 am

Yes ice pack helps but not straight from freezer I find that paimful. So I put cloth over it just till its a little warmer. My doc prescribed ibroprofen gel and it help a little :-D
libbiek30
UKFM Member

Postby tich » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:59 am

Hi i have the same prob i sleep with my feet out of the blankets most of the night. But dread the winter when the heating will have to go on again. Haven't managed to find anything else that works. But during the day my feet get very cold and socks and shoes aren't very comfy so find myself sitting with blanket over my feet. Small hugs to everyone were all in this together take care
tich
UKFM Member

Postby bubbabubbles » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:03 am

Hey guys I find a little soak and massage in foot bath followed by rubbing some tiger balm into anywhere that aches helps. Plus there are wooden foot rollers u can get on eBay that help. Wearing shoes inserts aid slightly.
bubbabubbles
UKFM Newbie

Postby becbob » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:27 am

Hi all, I have tried everything and nothing really helped. By chance I've found that aftersun gel that has been in the fridge really helps. I apply it as often as needed and it isn't a cure but it just takes the edge off the hotness and the awful itch.
Never judge on looks alone. Real beauty comes from with in.
becbob
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:33 pm

I havent had this for a while now, thank God. I know how horrendous it is. It keeps me awake for ages when I have it. It seems to come on randomly too. I don't know what helps aim afraid :(
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby candy123 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:21 pm

Iv found filling a hot water bottle with cold water and putting it in the freezer for about 30 mins works well
candy123
UKFM Newbie

Postby krysta » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:23 am

I have nueropothy. That's where I have no sensation
In my feet. I have had burning feet years back now my feet get very very cold even on warm days. Fibro affects people in different ways. Just remember fibro is tough but we are tough too.
krysta
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:54 am

See if you can get some. Arnica gel. It really helps on other parts of the body. You can get it from the drug store or a health food shop.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby ..:: lisa ::.. » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:39 am

I get burning and itchy hands too.

As I type my feet are burning, it makes it difficult to put feet flat to walk, almost like chillblanes....
—(••÷[ I may ramble at times as my train of thought has crashed. Please be patient and bare with me ]÷••)—
..:: lisa ::..
UKFM Member

Postby Suse » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:07 pm

In Africa many years ago my husband was given a remedy for foot pain by a doctor who did not have enough medicine to treat his patients therefore had to adapt. I tried it and found it really helped. I unfortunately get the burning in both legs all the way up to my hips and it is debilitating. At the moment I am having a break and don't have any at all, thank the Lord. The remedy, simply a bowl of luke warm water with a couple of spoonfuls of bicarbonate of soda or Andrews or Alcaselsa whichever you have and two soluble asprin. The bicarbonate opens the poures in your skin and the asprin kills the pain. I've done the larger version in the bath. I know it sounds weird, but what the hell, so is fibro, weird, unpredictable and nasty. Good luck xx
Suse
UKFM Newbie

Postby Gracious » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:33 am

Burning Feet has been a wee issue of mine the past year and a half. Since my wee brain always looks for solutions and fixes, I started to note when it occurred and monitored what I ate, did in my day and medications. I found there to be personal tiggers that would cause the burning feet to be worse than normal. Certain foods, wheat (all kinds), rice, sugar were big contributors and lets not forget processed food (had to give up doritos completely :( ). Also certain medications triggered burning, can't take any SRRI's or SNRI's and topiramate, burning beyond belief. But other meds that I really need like my Maxalt and tramadol will trigger a burn episode, but I accept their side effects for the benefits are much greater. In addition if I did any walking it was a guaranteed cert that I would tigger a severe flare of burning feet, which would always be extreme come the evening.

There were a few things I found helpful, Volarol gel....my new body lotion these days!... covering the whole foot and sole up to the ankle or calf really help reduce the burning, tingling, rash and heat and the sensation of feeling your feet were cooking on the inside. But even faster would be putting them into a basin of just cold water (No Ice). Just enough to shock the nerves and cause a different signal to the brain. I could get a few hours of relief till I needed to do it again. But I recently found in Poundland of all places, Aragon Oil Foot Spa treatment. Now it says on the packet not to use if allergic to elastaplast, which I am, but I did a wee test and was fine. You wear the rather glamours spa socks filled with this gel for 20mins, and then you remove and just wipe of the excess from your feet. Feet feel revitalised, less agitated and it creates a lovely cooling sensation for a good 5 hours...great if you need some sleep. Not saying this would work for everyone but it works a treat for me at the moment and its cheap!

Spending time noticing your triggers would be my biggest recommendation, it can take a while but its worth it. I've learned if I want to eat Carrot cake I have to accept a burn episode. I have to walk to stop the muscles in my legs and feet from atrophing so I have to accept a burn. If I dont want my migraine I have to take Maxalt and accept a burn. Some days I have a burn with no explanation, but few and far between now.

Hope this is of some help
Loving kindness, Joanne
Gracious
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia