heat/cold intolerance

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

heat/cold intolerance

Postby iseult » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:18 pm

hi all
Like lots of you I've found regulating my temperature difficult, especially painful hands and feet in the winter etc. I've also got rashes from the sun. This year, however, I've found even the sun on my skin burns. Not just in a suntan sense. .. in a disproportionate sensation of heat! holding a steering wheel for example, or my metal watch strap burning my skin. Ridiculous overreactions of my skin!

Anyone else? :shock:
iseult
UKFM Member

Re: heat/cold intolerance

Postby Annie54 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:00 pm

Hi. This is interesting. I get something similar but hadn't connected it with the fibromyalgia. Makes sense now.
Annie54
UKFM Member

Postby iblinkin » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:24 pm

be careful in the sun as some meds will cause you to react to the sun ie rashes and severe burns. Good luck and gentle hugs
!
iblinkin
UKFM Member

Postby stephdawn » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:45 pm

hi guy's. sorry to hear about you suffering with the heat. I suffer in the heat, my joints swell up especially my hands and feet. but then they do that in the winter too I also suffer with pins and needle sensations. and ache all over.i know this hasn't proberbly helped but at least both u all and myself aren't alone with these feelings. hugs to all :cry:
stephdawn
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:31 pm

Oh yes!! One of my first symptoms was feeling hot - and that was in January! Normally I'm the cold one with 2 or 3 layers on even with the heating on, but that winter I was sat in skirts and vest tops while partner was in layers! It is driving me mad, I can after all only take so many clothes off (in public...!) :roll:
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Re: clothes for FM

Postby sandakit » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:22 pm

Re, Fibromyalgia Magazine, August 2014, Dear Pam Column, If jeans and trousers are uncomfortable, the Asian shalwar can be a useful alternative. It can be made of light cool fabric for summer or warm lightweight fabric for winter. For years, I had shalwars made for me by a Pakistani friend. I always used them for gardening. You can bend, squat, and move easily they never bind or rub and are so comfortable. Just try them. VMC
sandakit
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia