constant fear

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

constant fear

Postby JDWench » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:01 pm

A couple of weeks ago I was doing the 2 mile long walk to work, I'd been suffering with my legs as always but couldn't afford a taxi. I got about half way and was in so much pain, my legs just wouldn't move! I panicked and called my boyfriend who talked to me whilst I managed to get to work, I arrived in tears and left two hours early. Had a phone consultation with a doctor the next day who prescribed tramadol. The same doctor saw me the following Wednesday and has said I might have slipped discs trapping nerves which is affecting my legs. I'm waiting for an appointment with musculoskeletal at the hospital. I've started walking with a stick to help as my legs are weak. I'm so terrified, I keep having dreams where my legs just stop working.
Help me raise money for Reach http://www.justgiving.com/Sadie-Scott1
JDWench
UKFM Member

Re: constant fear

Postby bekwey » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:46 pm

It sounds like the fibro to me . I get the same, I start to stagger first and then a virtual shut-down. Personally I don't :goodluck2: think I could do that walk every day tbh Good luck, and take it easy xx
bekwey
UKFM Member

Postby JDWench » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:02 pm

Thank you. I also suffer from tingling, numbness and cramp too. I have weak ligaments and I have a blood test Monday. I'm not sure if it's Just fibro or a combination of things. This doctor actually acknowledged my fibro though, he was great!
Last edited by JDWench on Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Help me raise money for Reach http://www.justgiving.com/Sadie-Scott1
JDWench
UKFM Member

Postby stephdawn » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:11 pm

Hi my love. I suffer with the same things when it comes to my legs. I believe you had a fybro flare up when mine comes on I get pins and needles and also numb legs. It's good that you've got a good DR as I have too even though it's taken 16yrs. Best wishes :-)
stephdawn
UKFM Member

Postby mandiw » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:29 pm

Hi. a similar thing happens to me. I couldn't begin to walk 2 miles so you are very brave to do it, but if I walk too far for my body my legs kind of stop working and are very heavy n painful as are my feet too. It's very weird feeling, as if I have no control over them and it feels I have to drag my legs then to get back to the car or somewhere to sit n rest for a while, and drink coffee to get me going again.
But yours sound rather more to me so I wish you luck.
mandiw
UKFM Member

Postby migrembe » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:09 am

Better being safe than sorry but it sounds like fibro to me too, i get it a lot i just have to stand and wait until the legs decide to move
migrembe
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia