Experiencing something new?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Experiencing something new?

Postby pvbyford » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:06 pm

Since this illnesses started my symptoms have been pretty much the same just severity increases but the past week I've been getting an odd pain on my upper leg it's literally a small area at the front it almost feels hot aswell and comes and goes , it's weird compared to anything I've had before anyone got anything similar? :-|
Lots of love

Poppy

:)
pvbyford
UKFM Member

Re: Experiencing something new?

Postby kerryp » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:39 pm

I have experienced this myself, or similar. Small areas on my upper thigh feeling as if they are, literally on fire. Not had them for about 6 months now but remember it well. Just another bizarre symptom to add to the list!! ☺
kerryp
UKFM Newbie

Postby pvbyford » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:15 pm

Oh really another symptom I can tick then! Lol better laugh about it otherwise I'll cry!
Lots of love

Poppy

pvbyford
UKFM Member

Postby krysta » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:36 pm

I've had fibro for 12 years now and I've never experienced what u have. Maybe I'll get it at some stage. I've a list of symptoms and have learned how to cope and enjoy my good days and just relax on my bad days. I've been on the right medication for me for about 8 years now. I take amitriptoline 75mg at night 20mg of MST (morephine) Twice a day, I also take citreloprom 40mg Once a day. I do have oromorph when I'm really bad.

Its interesting seeing what other fibro suffers have. I have had a teeshirt from the USA that says: fibromyalgia is. Tough but I am tougher: xxxx
krysta
UKFM Member

Postby pvbyford » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:02 am

Hi Krysta, thanks for also replying. Yeah it's weird how we all have different symptoms. I've only recently been diagnosed but been suffering for years with fibro. How do you cope with it daily? I'm really finding it harder and harder all the time now. I'm on gabapentin, venlafaxine, diazepam and dihydrocodeine. How does the fibro affect you?
Lots of love

Poppy

pvbyford
UKFM Member

Postby Susan Stokes » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:41 pm

They say the disease is not progressive - but over the years I seem to gather more symptoms. What happens when we finally get all the symptoms? probably explode into grey dust. Nothing to do with fibro but I'm struggling with a migraine at the moment - this is day 3. Not had one for years.
Susan Stokes
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:11 pm

FM isn't regarded as being progressive because, unlike conditions such as MS, Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease etc, FM doesn't cause damage to the body. Migraines can be associated with FM, a number of us on here suffer with them. With it being with you for 3 days so far, it might be worth talking to your local pharmacist about it as there are otc migraine treatments available. For something stronger, if things carry on, you would need to see your GP.

I'm not sure about exploding into grey dust when we get every symptom possible, personally I'd like to be a cloud of something noxious and smelling, then I could float around and get my own back of those who have done similar things to me over the years :lol: :lol: :lol:

Poppy, with something new we would normally suggest going to see your GP about it, rather than assuming it is FM~related, even if it just for your own peace of mind.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby pvbyford » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:59 pm

Feel for you with the migraine, I suffer them all the time have done for years and this heat doesn't help. I like your idea fluppy puppy of getting bk to the mean people let's hope that's how it ends lol. Yeah your probably right, I've got an appt soon I'll mention it.
Lots of love

Poppy

pvbyford
UKFM Member

Postby rich44 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:27 pm

For the migraines I really recommend one of the triptans if you can take them sumatriptan, zolmitriptan etc there available as tablets, nasal spray and oral dispensable lozenge.

Gave me my life back from migraines, take one at the start of an attack and migraine GONE
rich44
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia