Pain and fatigue alternating

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Pain and fatigue alternating

Postby Theresa34 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:09 am

I was wondering whether any of you sometimes have pain thats worse than the fatigue then the fatigue worse than the pain? Since my possible flare up (still checking bloods), there have been many days like this. Last week the fatigue was so severe that I could barely stand up from the sofa. My arms and legs felt extremely heavy and I just had zero energy. Yesterday and today the pain has been the worse one, in my legs and feet mainly. I feel like I'm living on a roller coaster!
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Re: Pain and fatigue alternating

Postby Monty99 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:31 am

There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to why fatigue and pain alter, and sometimes come together. Another fibro mystery…..
Monty99
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:03 pm

I've had many, many occasions where this has happened, not just alternate days, but even alternate hours and minutes over the years. There's no pattern to it that I can see, nor can I put it down to a particular trigger, it all comes down to Kevin and which button he fancies pressing and when :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Paisleyjane » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:58 pm

Hi, would agree. I was referred to an ME clinic. They said I had ME because it was the only way to get on their rehab course. I found I couldn't safely drive the hour there and back and sit through 3 hours of slides and chatting. The people were lovely and it made a nice change but took rest of week to recover. Saw her again and she said well the fibro for me was uppermost but they do alternate. However there aren't any NHS support services for fibro in Lincolnshire.
Am improving slowly but that's because I have learnt to pace myself and for most part strictly in order to maintain it.
Treat yourself gently seems to be the best advice to give. Take it easy. :-)
Paisleyjane
UKFM Member

Postby Northernanne » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:22 pm

I am exactly the same one is really bad then the other takes over i was thinking the fatigue gets worse because the pain tires me out then the pain starts again flared up by the fatigue never ending stuck on repeat mode.
Northernanne
UKFM Member

Postby hazely » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:25 pm

This happens to me alot. If people didnt know me they would think i was making it up. Hope it gets better for you soonx
hazely
UKFM Member

Postby linnylou » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:35 pm

I get the same fatigue is the really bad for me and I have now been diagnosed with ME as well as fibro, I find coconut oil helpful as it give an energy boost and helps with brain fog......
:shock:
linnylou
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:45 pm

Yep think its pretty normal really
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby ..:: lisa ::.. » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:53 pm

Me too and it sucks!!

I'm having CBT atm and one of my "tasks" is to log everything by the hour, to see if there's any correlation between mood and pain etc and so far I'm seeing none except sleep. When I've not had a great night everything is a million % worse.
—(••÷[ I may ramble at times as my train of thought has crashed. Please be patient and bare with me ]÷••)—
..:: lisa ::..
UKFM Member

Postby morette5 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:02 pm

What you describe is exactly how it is for me. The pain is constant but the level can vary wildly form one day to the next without pattern.
I have had fibro for approx 3 or 4 years.
It has irregular 'cyclical' type events but there are many types of events. Not implying repetition, but changing.
You can have them all or any combination. It will eventually completely floor you.
All you can do is listen to each individual event in each cycle.
With fibro there are no rules.
Brain Fog
Memory Loss
Inability to learn or retain new information.
Lack of concentration to focus.
Can't follow a conversation.
Elbow pain
Shoulder Pain,
Knee Pain,
Neck pain,
head Pain,
Hearing surges/ noise sensitivity.
Deafness asking people to repeat things.
Sudden wipe out.
locking spine/ joints.
Total inability to think.
Insomnia,
total body pain.
Digestive issues, Constipation, incontinence.
massive appetite with massive reduction of ability to eat.
Ear Nasal, Throat Mucus and dryness.
Parched Dry skin hair nails.

have you joined any of the facebook groups?
morette5
UKFM Member

Postby Lizee » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:39 pm

Sorry to hear you are suffering. I'm currently on the fatigue cycle. It's almost too hard to move had pain yesterday so I know how you feel. Xx
Lizee
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:59 pm

I'm glad it's not just me. I had major exhaustion while still at work, then got walloped with the pain and ended up being off sick because of that. In the meantime my fatigue was a lot better, so I started to think I'd imagined it! Now the pain is less and the exhaustion back - just in time for my sleep tests :roll:
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby Theresa34 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:00 am

Well at the moment I'm off the fatigue cycle and back to the pain. The pain varies too, so sometimes I can get on with housework or go on a long walk and other times i end up limping. I would say the sciatica causes the most problems. So so painful.
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:23 pm

I think I've got your share side of the fatigue today Theresa, :bricks: :bricks: :bricks: :bricks: doesn't even come close to describing how I'm feeling :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: And I'm trying to get stuff ready for hollibobs tomorrow. All I want to do is sleep, and when I'm sat down, I can feel myself starting to drop off.

Oh well, onwards and upwards.....Bring on the towel wrestling round :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Theresa34 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:35 pm

Have a good hols, Flups x
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia