Burning pain in my spine....

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Burning pain in my spine....

Postby Gromit » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:17 pm

hi everyone,

hope you are all well - i have been missing for a while - trying to stay at work, spending the rest of the time in bed! I have made the decison to go part - time in September - hopefully this will help me stay on top of things a bit more.

Does anyone else get a burning pain in their spine - mine feels like its a mixture of being on fire and having all the bones and muscles pulled apart :(

Its really awful and i dont know what to do with myself - cant take anymore pain killers - and nothing really seems to touch it anyway. Bit of a pointless post really - just wanted to have a moan i think!

Gentle hugs and love to all xoxoxox
Love from Grom :) xxx
Gromit
UKFM Member

Re: Burning pain in my spine....

Postby daisyp59 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:57 pm

No post is pointless if you need some support and a moan! I think I get the same pain across my shoulders. It is particularly bad at the moment and, like you, nothing seems to help. It seems like it is just another thing that we have to cope with.
I hope you feel better very soon
x
daisyp59
UKFM Member

Postby Gromit » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:43 pm

Thank you Daisy - its just horrible - everything is getting worse - I never have a day without pain anymore. It scares the life out of me.

So sorry to hear that you get this pain too. Lots of gentle hugs xoxoxoxox
Gromit
UKFM Member

Postby daisyp59 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:48 pm

I get scared too Grom. As well as the fibro pain I also have severe arthritis. I sometimes look to the future and I don't think I can cope much longer. But, we always do, one way or another. I just wish they would find something that would have a major impact on the pain, but it doesn't seem likely in the near future.
Try to keep smiling

Gentle hugs xx
daisyp59
UKFM Member

Postby Marky Fibro ME » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:56 pm

Burning pain & incredible stiffness in my spine too. It feels like it's in the very centre of my spinal cord and nothing, absolutely nothing will touch it. :(
I think I know how you feel. x
Marky Fibro ME
UKFM Member

Postby wendy edwards » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:12 pm

Hi I get the burning across my shoulders, and yeah, nothing helps it at all. Just started physio, will see if that helps, but not holding out much hope. Also get pain in my hands, sort of in the pads at base of fingers(in palm), does anyone else suffer this, and also soles of my feet, seems to be on pressure points. Hugs to you all and heres hoping for some good days xx
wendy edwards
UKFM Newbie

Postby Gromit » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:32 pm

Marky Fibro - yes thats right. its just a horrible pain. And it goes right up into my head as well.

Wendy I get the very sensitive pads on my fingers too xoxoxox
Gromit
UKFM Member

Postby krysta » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:41 pm

Hi everyone

I get those pains too. I'm in a wheelchair because of the pain in my shoulders neck arms legs and lower spine I cannot stand for more than a couple of minutes. I've had cream and painkillers MST and oromorph. Nothing seems to work anymore just pain morning noon and night 24/7. That's my moan of the day xx thanks for listening x
krysta
UKFM Member

Postby stephdawn » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:05 pm

Hi guys I haven't been on for a little while either as had a few problems with this issue :( . Spent most of the time in bed. Had to go to the dr's in the week, as had a really bad flare up. Mine are getting so bad that I slur my words or stammer. Does anyone else have that problem? Any way Dr changed my meds yet again. The pain across my shoulders and neck are so painful. It feels like someone is pushing on them really hard and squeezing them tight! :hit1: Also they reckon I've got a trapped sciatica nerve on my good side going down my leg from my hip! He said that it could all be to do with my flare up. They've discovered that I can't take anything with codeine as I have IBS and had Pancreatitis and it effects my stomach. So he's upped my amertripaline to 5 at night and extra diazepam when needed. And finally to top it all I've got to rub ibuprofen gel in the sore parts. Easier said than done :yikes: Sorry to go on guys but you are all my safety lie as you are the only one's that seem to understand me. Well time for a rub down with my all so magic gel :-? Take care every one and hopefully chat soon. Love to you all xx
stephdawn
UKFM Member

Postby krysta » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:28 pm

Hi again

Just reading through everyone's words. I'm really shocked that with all the symptoms a lot of you have your only on 5mgs of amitripteline im on 75mgs a night. I feel so sorry that a lot of you are still in so much pain and are not getting the right medications.

Love to you all !!!
krysta
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia