extra emotional

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

extra emotional

Postby kitten » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:23 am

My little cat got killed by an unscrupulous unmoral young driver who hit her and just drove off, a couple witness it all happen and as she had a collar with her name and address and phone number on was back with us in minutes , what makes it worse we have just moved down on to Schooner Park in New Quay Wales which is a residential park ,we stayed in a caravan on the park whilst our house was being built which took 6 months , the van was very near the road every time she went out we was worried about the road and used to keep telling her to keep away from it , come the middle of June our house was built and delivered , as the house is quite away from the road we then thought she would be safe , however 3 weeks after moving in she was killed at the top of this road she died instantly at least she did not suffer ,

What makes this so sad is that she was a rescue cat who had been locked in a wardrobe had to fight for food with a house full of cats and dogs , we took her when she was 6 months old , she was full of fleas gingivitis had a cold over time she had to have her teeth out so she was left with 4 teeth and only 6 years , it had taken us 6 years to get her to win our trust she could not meow just used to ee ee she was such a good nature not an once of malice in her ,

As we are now going in to an other month and I am still as devastated , I just wonder if FM makes you super sensitive
kitten
UKFM Member

Re: extra emotional

Postby gilld » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:46 am

so sorry to hear about your cat.that happened to one off mine a long time ago and its horrible. that was pre-FM and I mourned but accepted it...now anything can make me ridiculously sad> i wake up many mornings and just cry for no reason at all. This morning, I woke up and as usual couldnt move for ages with the pain and just wept. Then I tell myself I'm pathetic...weep a bit more. I believe FM does make you hypersensitive to emotional things...so I think you are still mourning in FM time and what I can only think of as 'normal' with this horrible condition x
gilld
UKFM Member

Postby Falgirl57 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:15 am

I am so sorry for your loss, this would make anyone depressed, how sad. I love all my pets like family and find it difficult to get over any loss these days. I think there is most likely a link with the fibro, I've been on sertraline (among other meds) for a very long time. Be gentle with yourself, you did all you could for this little cat, you are not to blame. I believe in Karma what goes around comes around. Feel better soon, try to do something nice and positive every day it does help in the end.x
Falgirl57
UKFM Newbie

Postby jovigirl69 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:55 am

The same thing happened to me 3 weeks ago. I hadn't seen my youngest cat (2yrs) since the Monday night when I put her out. Normally she was the first one in for breakfast but no sign of her at all. I live in a small village down a lane and the village has a very busy main road going through it. A few times when I had driven along the main road I saw what I thought was a dead badger or rabbit squashed in the middle of the road, even my mum had driven passed and thought the same. On the Thursday after looking for Scruffie since the Tuesday I stopped near where the dead animal was and went to look and realised that it was scruffie and unfortunately cos she had been driven over so many times she was flat :cry: My neighbour dry kindly came and scraped her off the road for me and she is now buried in my back garden. It annoys me that if you hit a dog you have to report it by law but the law doesn't apply to cats :-x
jovigirl69
UKFM Member

Postby rich44 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:10 pm

I'm so sorry to hear that, I think being in pain all the time lowers your tolerance to emotional response. I'm forever getting choked or crying over things.

We lost our cat in similar circumstances was heart breaking as he was as tough as old boots but he was lovely and friendly I still miss him now
rich44
UKFM Member

Postby kitten » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:05 am

Thank you all for replying
Even as I wrote the post yesterday it was with tears streaming down , have got her picture along side my other cat and every morning I say good morning and given them both a kiss helps for a bit then the tears soon come .I had my first cat as kitten he died of cancer 7 years ago and yes I was devastated but not like this

jovigirl69
I can't begin to image what you went through that must have been absolute horrendous thing to have to go through even just to think about that has brought me to tears . its bad having to pick your dead cat up of the road whilst they are still warm but to have to scrape them off the road is beyond words

Like too send you all love and many hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
kitten
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia