Flare up mega pain

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Flare up mega pain

Postby katz65 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:18 pm

Hi,
I started a flare up on my left loin area on Saturday, I was just doing some prep of my bedroom walls with filler so they will be ready for painting, so it was nothing hard or vigorous, I felt some twinges so thought I best stop but before an hour had passed I was in agony & unable to move with out crying out it was so bad :!: :!:
so up till now I have upped my pain killers to what the doc said I could, but this was doing nothing to help relieve it, its still mega severe if I move the wrong way, I can move slightly if I stay completely straight with no bending. :(
I have done it this way as the last time this happened I went into hospital, was there 3 days & they found nothing wrong & sent me home, but while there I was given morphine & the excruciating pain went after a day & a half. You see I didn't want to lie in a bed in hospital for several days if it could be avoided, I hate it there but if its a have to go, I would. :crazy:
My partner rang the GPs for a home visit Yesterday, now he gave me oramorph & diazepam & when better to go for x-ray of lower back & hips, also said if it doesn't get any better call an ambulance,,,
So today Wednesday it is feeling a lot better but not quite all gone away, hopefully by tomorrow it will be :!: :!:

My question is "what do any of you take or do when this happens" :?:

Katz65
katz65
UKFM Member

Re: Flare up mega pain

Postby iblinkin » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:03 pm

Hi katz65, sorry to hear hear of your pain and discomfort. Some things if i may suggest is #1 listen to your body before you take on any tasks as this extremely important and i do the same thing.. it's just a little job and then pay for it later.. not with fms it isn't as there are no small tasks when dealing with this condition. Please do your self a favour and look up yoga for fibro hands.. yes there is such a thing and does provide some relief, some is better than none i say. It's also important to be aware that the pain may be noticeable in your hands but may not be the starting point as the tendons and ligaments are what is causing the pain due to them contracting and pulling at our joints and may be coming from the upper forearms so stretching is very, very important before taking on any tasks as well as afterwords and the same goes for your feet as well as your whole body. Also talk to a naturapath about your adrenal glands as they can mimick these symptoms as well. They are the size of an acorn and sit on the top of your kidneys and are responsible for handling STRESS!! As well as a host of other symptoms that act like fibro. Going back to your hands.. do you wear any kind of support on your arms or hands when working or sleeping? If not maybe check that out as well as this extremely important too. Good luck and gentles hugs going out to you.
iblinkin
UKFM Member

Postby katz65 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:25 pm

Hi iblinkin,
Thank you very much for all your information & advise, I am guilty of diving in with work around the house sometimes but I have slowed my pace down a hell of a lot, where as I would clean the whole house in one day, I spread it over the full week, some days not even doing any & if I do hurt more than normal I don't do any, my partner does it, like since saturday he hasn't allowed me to anything.
Although I never start to do anything until I have been up for at least two hours & always stop no longer than three hours later. I have to say though I never thought about doing some gental stretches first, so I will give this a try for sure.
So I will take note to all you have advised & look into everything & see if it helps me.
So thanks again
katz65
UKFM Member

Postby iblinkin » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:49 am

Hi Katz, i sure hope something works for you and believe me the stretching does help and it will only get worse if one is not proactive and yes there are days when we have to say no and not do a thing... good luck and gentle hugs. :-)
iblinkin
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia