I have a really stupid question.....

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

I have a really stupid question.....

Postby ..:: lisa ::.. » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:23 pm

After reading through some posts I see a lot mentioned about triggers and flare ups.

I don't understand.

Is this something that happens when you feel ok (ish) then feel bad again or is it when you feel fine, back to your usual self then bad again?

I have been doing work in CBT to identify triggers and could find none except lack of sleep... But doesn't every one feel crap after a bad night?

I'm sorry if I come across as a bit dim but its something I've been wondering for a long time :oops: :oops:
—(••÷[ I may ramble at times as my train of thought has crashed. Please be patient and bare with me ]÷••)—
..:: lisa ::..
UKFM Member

Re: I have a really stupid question.....

Postby Lindilou » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:36 pm

With myself it's when I feel fine then crash for whatever reason.
Lindilou

Postby maxinevalentina » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:43 pm

My triggers are when I'm stressed or in New situations then I'm in so much pain.
Never stupid question when it comes to our condition.
Hope u feel better soon hugs
you'll never know how strong you are untill being strong is the only choice you have
maxinevalentina
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:46 pm

for me its when things are going along same old same old so I have pain and fatigue but they are 'normal' levels and then things intensify so that I have another level added could be the weather mainly damp/cold but also too hot, or I catch a virus.

Anything like that can send me into a flare, also overdoing things, but the result ends up that my baseline pain/fatigue (one, other or both) ends up going up and I have to then get used to things all over again
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby marie marrison » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:29 pm

I am in pain constantly, but for me it get worse if I have done a bit more that I should or if the weather is changing, :(
marie marrison
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:09 pm

I think I'm coming out of one. It's lasted about a month. I went from feeling almost normal to extremely tired and increased pain. It did coincide with my Amitriptyline not working anymore so I wasn't getting proper sleep. It's since been increased in dose and im just starting to feel a bit better x
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby Paisleyjane » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:14 pm

I agree, nothing seems stupid with fibro. I hesitated to tell GP about the feeling of crawling as if you had ants on you.Sounds so strange but it is common sensation with nerve problems.
Not pacing myself can lead to flare-up. At moment feels like I have been switched to extra,extra slow and my limbs weigh a ton. The stressor, workmen letting me down . It isn't a big thing but having to contact other workmen and explain things have to change seems such a big job. As is writing this. However I know you understand.:-)
Paisleyjane
UKFM Member

Postby ..:: lisa ::.. » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:33 pm

denys wrote:for me its when things are going along same old same old so I have pain and fatigue but they are 'normal' levels and then things intensify so that I have another level added could be the weather mainly damp/cold but also too hot, or I catch a virus.

Anything like that can send me into a flare, also overdoing things, but the result ends up that my baseline pain/fatigue (one, other or both) ends up going up and I have to then get used to things all over again

Yes yes, that's exactly how I feel! Can you have additional symptoms during a flare?

Paisleyjane wrote:I agree, nothing seems stupid with fibro. I hesitated to tell GP about the feeling of crawling as if you had ants on you.Sounds so strange but it is common sensation with nerve problems.
Not pacing myself can lead to flare-up. At moment feels like I have been switched to extra,extra slow and my limbs weigh a ton. The stressor, workmen letting me down . It isn't a big thing but having to contact other workmen and explain things have to change seems such a big job. As is writing this. However I know you understand.:-)

Omg, I started experiencing the exact same thing around 2 weeks ago, its my right arm and you're right, at first I thought I had an insect crawling on my arm, there wasn't and have been feeling it ever since. I decided not to mention it to gp as I think they think I'm not right in the head already, it'll just be another symptom to jot down.

And yes I know exactly what you mean, what used to be a simple task now takes so much effort, not just physically but mentally too, I feel just getting out of bed takes up far too much energy, the pain
s so draining.

Thank you for your replies and I genuinely mean that :hugs:
—(••÷[ I may ramble at times as my train of thought has crashed. Please be patient and bare with me ]÷••)—
..:: lisa ::..
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:30 pm

Not everyone gets tigger points , Apart from stress and illness.
For me it just hits me out of the blue.
And when I'm due on it makes it worse
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia