Is this true ?

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Is this true ?

Postby gwenmoon » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:41 am

I found this on the internet never seen it before anyone heard or know wether this is true ?
http://guardianlv.com/2013/06/fibromyal ... rIZWpT4.01
Seeing it was posted over a year ago why I haven't noticed it before or heard about it ?
Having someone to share with gets you through another day :-) Gwen x
gwenmoon
UKFM Member

Re: Is this true ?

Postby denys » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:46 am

This has been posted before Gwen and to be honest I dont know whether its true or not. I'm personally a little bit sceptical but hey what do I know :lol: :lol:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Fibroised » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:20 am

Read it too recently! If it is true, why haven't doctors picked up on it?????????
So I think we can make up our own minds!
Fibroised
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:01 pm

There are a couple of comments on FB about it:~
It was a small study, and an overzealous writer got carried away. I'm sorry to say that this is not the cause, although, it is something that is common in people with fibromyalgia.

I have read about orthostatic intolerance and low blood volume in fibro patients...this might be what is affecting those areas mentioned. There are lots of mysteries of fibromyalgia that I don't think there is just one thing that explains it.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby tracyr46 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:36 pm

U need to visit integrated tissue dynamics thats the company that done the research i know the doctors name is dr frank rice it is quite interested and I have communicated with him via email.
tracyr46
UKFM Newbie

Postby rich44 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:39 pm

It's a case of assuming correlation = causation
rich44
UKFM Member

Postby gwenmoon » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:32 pm

http://www.viralglobalnews.com/health/f ... und/15090/

I have been researching the net all day and it looks like this may be true, it looks like wonderful news if you read the above link as tracyr46 says in her post. We could have new treatments and even a cure very soon. Very interesting to see that it is link to oestrogen thats why more women than men suffer from it.
Gwen :-D
Having someone to share with gets you through another day :-) Gwen x
gwenmoon
UKFM Member

Postby carolad » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:03 pm

The problem is there are a lot of theories about what causes fibromyalgia, but that's all they are - theories. There is no definitive explanation of what causes it. The Rheumatologist I saw thinks it is a sleep disorder, that all symptoms are caused by not getting good quality restful sleep. But ask another Rheumatologist and he will probably have a completely different belief...

Interesting that they talk about temperature regulation in this article. I was reading something recently about people with fibromyalgia tend to have a low body temperature. You can have a low body temperature without actually feeling cold so you may have low body temperature and just not know it.
carolad
UKFM Member

Postby Lindilou » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:29 pm

When I have walked to the shops and back my legs are agony. My hands have done nothing. How can the blood in my hands affect what my legs do ??? And as for hormones, estrogen, I was on HRT for 5 years, which did NOTHING for my fibro.
Lindilou

Postby carolad » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:40 pm

Lindilou wrote:When I have walked to the shops and back my legs are agony. My hands have done nothing. How can the blood in my hands affect what my legs do ??? And as for hormones, estrogen, I was on HRT for 5 years, which did NOTHING for my fibro.

My understanding is that it shows there is a problem with circulation, which causes widespread pain:

"This mismanaged blood flow could be the source of muscular pain and achiness, and the sense of fatigue which are thought to be due to a build-up of lactic acid and low levels of inflammation fibromyalgia patients.”

I wonder if there is something in this...connected to the low body temperature I mentioned earlier? I have a low body temperature and I have bad circulation - I have Raynauds and my arms and legs are always colder than my trunk. So there may be something in it...

Or maybe not...none of us know...I just hope they keep doing research to find out the cause...and find a cure!
carolad
UKFM Member

Postby rich44 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:59 pm

I don't know tbh I have a feeling there's more than one cause, I'd like to see how having glandular fever causes you to develop these extra nerve fibres.

Hopefully it's progress anyway but I'll wait for a peer reviewed paper before getting too excited.
rich44
UKFM Member

Postby kayhealey » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:38 am

Back to the original question---I don't know if it is true or not, but I have read the same theory by different researchers in the U.S. recently. It doesn't entirely make sense to me, but that doesn't mean much. And I have noticed lately that my hands hurt and my skin is unusual, has rough spots and occas bumpy patches that turn into the rough patches. I don't see how that could be related to too many or too few blood vessels (forget which they were postulating), but also don't see how the blood vessel thing relates to all our other symptoms.
The other theories I've been reading about are Adrenal shutdown, Mitochondria, candida and something else I can't remember at the moment (Fibro Fog!!). Triggers that seem to set the entire thing into motion are physical stress (CVA, accident, overwork, surgery gone awry, etc.), emotional/psychological stress (death of close family member or friend, loss of job, etc). We've all seen the charts that list the stressors and the number of points each one causes.
One thing I know--- FM is NOT is a mental illness. That made me angry at the Danish dudes. I thought we were done with that rubbish.
Take good care.
kayhealey
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia