Pain and pills and stress

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Pain and pills and stress

Postby painprincess1 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:42 pm

So I'm going through a real trying time right now . Needless to say il not bore anyone with it.
But I'm down to only 3 pain killers a day and two of them are paracetamol .So here's the rub for me , when I take a lot for a long time my body can't cope with out them and I feel like I have flu,When I'm off them I can go most of the day ok but soon as stress kicks in I hurt like a beep.

I feel like I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place with the meds.i seem to get no worse or better with or without them. U can't get stress outta your life , yes u can stop a lot but that's life for u.

It's the damage in years to come with pills worries me and yet the idea of feeling like someone broken every bone in your body everyday don't feel me with joy.

I tired my tens unit but ended up making things a lot worse ,to hot for water bottles and let's face it u can't run around holding that all day.

Does anyone think that if we didn't have any stress at all we wouldn't be in pain??? is it that we are just senertive to stress and it's our body's way of showing it??? Or maybe aliens are poking us about while we sleep??? maybe we are asleep??? maybe we think we're awake??? ok ok. See lack of sleep makes u gaga lol

Oh one more grumbles I'm sick to dealth of peeing 8 times a night and no I don't have a UTI xxhugsxx
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Made paragraphs clearer for easier reading.
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Re: Pain and pills and stress

Postby rich44 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:46 pm

Yes stress definitely makes things worse for me.

Don't suffer the pee problem because I can't feel my bladder filling so unless I think Uh oh better go I don't need to. Can be a bit scary at work I'd be there all day and then think Oh haven't been for a pee.....
rich44
UKFM Member

Postby zappa20 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:22 am

I feel Fibro can cause over-sensitivity to many things including pain, light, noise, smell etc. When I had. Fibro the slightest stress translated into immediate severe burning pains in my arms. I remember feeling as if an overdrive switch had been turned on in some respects, as despite being tired a lot of the time, in some ways my mind was in overdrive a lot of the time. Even watching a thriller on TV caused me problems . That realisation of oversensitivity strangely enough was one of the things which helped me over time reduce the effects of Fibro until I was no longer troubled with it.

When you get stressed can you redirect your thoughts onto something else, or distract yourself in some way, because it will help if you can manage it, although it takes time and practice. . Also if you're up 8 times a night at the loo then your sleep quality will be affected and I think that lack of restorative sleep is one of the key factors in the over sensitivity problem , because your nerves aren't being restored properly. And I mean all nerves not emotional ones.

The only way I could stop the incessant visits to the loo was not to drink anything after 7 to 8 pm for quite a while, as it was an ongoing problem for me too back then.
zappa20
UKFM Member

Postby migrembe » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:32 am

yes more stress makes things worse and i find myself having to go to bed a lot more and if it's something specific then i find i have to spend several days in bed after the event too.

As for the pills just take them when you need them, you do not need to take them on a regular basis or of you know something is coming up where you are likely to be busier, or more stressed then take them before hand.
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby Hetty » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:23 am

You don't have to put up with peeing all the time.

I suffer from that and my fantastic consultant has told me that it is stress incontinence assossiated (sorry cannot spell this morm) with fibro. I have been offered a mesh band to go across the front of my womb, similar to propping a prolapsed womb up. I can have it done under local aneasthectic.

I'm waiting to see if the new meds that he has prescribed will also do the trick. Must admit that the new meds have made a difference in 2wks, I'm not peeing as much, my sleep is a lot better and I don't wait up with that 'zonked' out feeling.

I just wish that I had found this consultant a long time ago :-)
Hetty
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:45 pm

First of all PP, please don't think that you would bore us with something that you are going thru. Be it not so good, bad, or even downright ugly, if something is troubling you, and you need to get it out, share it with us. If you post it in the Private: Members Only part, it can only be seen by members who are logged in, so very little chance of it being seen by anyone else, esp those who may be involved with the problem. As well as being able to get it out of your system being helpful, posting about it on here could help in other ways. With the number of people on here, there a distinct possibility that someone will have had a similar experience, and how they handled things and worked their way thru what was thrown at them may be of some help or inspiration to you and what you are facing.

Wrt to the number of times in the night you're needing to pee, have you had your blood glucose levels checked recently??? Just wondering as one of the symptoms/problems that led to me being dx'd with Diabetes was an increased need to pee, mostly at night, but also during the day at times. At times I was up and in the bathroom every half hour thru the night :oops: :oops: :oops: Increased urination is a known and recognised indicator of diabetes. It can also be an indicator of other issues too, so seeing your GP about it would be

As for whether we would be pain free if we were completely stress free, or if we're more sensitive to stress, I really haven't got the foggiest I'm afraid. I tend to go with the :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: :alien: idea, with how I feel, the places I feel it, and the intensity it reaches, the cause/root of it can't seriously be of this planet :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Andyp » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:27 pm

I think stress definitely does make the pain worse. I'm currently working reduced hours at work, after taking about a month off work due to the pain etc. However, I stayed longer than I intended to today as I wanted to try and finish a piece of work off, but I am feeling rather sore now.
Andyp
UKFM Member

: Pain and pills and stress

Postby painprincess1 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:13 am

Ty for all the replys,
I'd have to say the pee thing is stress for me I had lots of tests done ,but that's settling alittle now.
Also rough patch seems to be sorting its self out to :-D
I really think my state of mind is playing huge part in my pain,u no when dr tells u are u stressed and u say duh yer isn't everyone.
Well I'd have to say it's taken me years to get it in my head for myself that stress isn't just a word .so many ppl say it it seems to be a get out for drs .but once u get it in your head then u understand stress can really make u ill.
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia