One of those nights :(

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

One of those nights :(

Postby JDWench » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:33 am

After having my sciatic nerve aggravated at physio assessment on Friday I've been in a lot of pain and discomfort. I was on the verge of a flare up anyway so it was only a matter of time. My neighbour has lent me her tens machine which is great when you get the right spot but I hit the nerve yesterday and reached about a 15 on the pain scale. I'm so tired but I can't sleep Amitriptyline isn't working tonight, I have cramp down both my legs and my right arm as well as pins and needles and burning, I wish I could unzip my body and get out!
As I said in a previous post I'm waiting for an mri for a potentially prolapsed L5 disc but I'm suffering!

I haven't been to work since Sunday and work are less than impressed with me phoning in sick, I just don't know what to do, my fingers also feel weak and I'm struggling to grip.

Do I bother my gp? Is there anything they can do?! I just want this all to stop.
I know I should go to work tomorrow because I don't get sick pay but I can't stand for more than an hour and that's pushing it. I also can't face the scrutiny of my colleagues.
Help me raise money for Reach http://www.justgiving.com/Sadie-Scott1
JDWench
UKFM Member

Re: One of those nights :(

Postby Hellyn » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:10 am

Yep one of those nights.....sorry to read your having a tough time. Work....know that feeling but the only thing you can do is be honest with them, nothing worse than rumours when you feel awful already.
Wish I had a magic wand for it but I don't and like many I get fed up with drudge of it. I know it is not easy but be kind to yourself and look after you first and don't stress about them it only adds to the stress on your fibro and pain.
Have a good warm bath with lots of bubbles if you can, nice cuppa and a good book a movie if your able and a bickie or two...my philosophy with fibro is to roll with it and do what I need and want and bagger everyone else.
Right now i have had two hours sleep, tinnitus is raging, arms aching but funnily enough...I'm enjoying listening to the snoring family while writing this...having a smoke, cuppa and read my book in the peace and quiet....
Isn't your HR able to support you? go part time? or stop all together? and look after you. Can't your doctor say your not fit to work for a bit?
I admire people who keep on working and it seems a battle for you all.
Keep positive and hope you get some shut eye...bless.
Hellyn
UKFM Member

Postby JDWench » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:18 am

I should run a hot bath but I don't want to wake the Mister, I've got a nice warm fruit tea, there's no snores here just the gentle sound of drizzle which is nice.
I've had a little bit of buzzing in my ears lately and it drives me mad! I have no idea how you manage with tinnitus!
I only work 25 hours a week and only have 11 more shifts to go until I leave for uni but I'm not doing too well.
I might see if I can get a doctor's appointment tomorrow and finally show them I'm at the end of my tether, the little bit of a ssp is better than nothing.
I threatened to get an occupational health assessment weeks ago but then I had a good few weeks and thought nothing of it. To be honest our he take so long to do anything I'd have been gone anyway.
JDWench
UKFM Member

Postby Hellyn » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:34 am

Have you not been referred to the pain management clinic in your area? That would be a start if your not already. And make sure if your at Uni you apply for DSA and get the support and extras to help you through it. My support person was a great help when things got bad.
Shift work? a killer for someone like you....yes, go and see the GP and cry be pathetic and tell em!
And have that bath....lol..if he will understand surely...
Hellyn
UKFM Member

Postby JDWench » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:43 am

I keep being told to push for dla but I'm scared of the assessment thankfully I have a counsellor on board to provide paperwork as well as referrals from the one good gp at my surgery and the physiotherapist was amazing so all they can say is no. Uni have been made aware of my conditions and provided equipment to help as well as print allowances for lecture slides and things so they're on my side. The physio was gobsmacked that I hadn't been followed up by anyone so she's getting me in to a fibromyalgia clinic. The doctors must be sick of me phoning I've been there so often lately but I find it hard to show them just how bad I can get and I laugh it off, today might just be the day for change.
JDWench
UKFM Member

Postby Hellyn » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:51 am

:-D you go girl!
Hellyn
UKFM Member

Postby major64 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:12 am

I know what it feels like. My work got rid of me first chance they got. I have also had a bad night mainly due to RLS but this time I was also getting similar feelings in my arms mostly but some times it felt like it was my whole body. Anyone had similar ?
major64
UKFM Member

Postby JDWench » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:17 am

I get this weird pins and needles and the feeling you get when pins and needles are bad and you can't stand on them because it feels horrible in my legs and right arm/hand.
This sucks, just called doctors, they aren't seeing me but have renewed my tramadol prescription that I never would have stopped taking if the receptionist hadn't screwed it up last time.
Work are not happy but to be honest the amount of times of gone in and ended up making myself worse in the long run has taught me that it's not worth being there just to stop the gossiping.
JDWench
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia