Good(?) morning

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Good(?) morning

Postby daisyp59 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:56 am

It is 3.50am and after an hour of trying to beat the pain and get back to sleep, I have had to admit defeat and get up. This happens frequently and I wish there was something I could do. I have recently decided to give up work to try to give myself some life, rather than my life being a round of work and sleep, but when this happens I get back to bed when my partner and son have gone to work, and sleep the morning away. Has anyone found a solution to this happening? I hope everyone else has had a good night's sleep!
daisyp59
UKFM Member

Re: Good(?) morning

Postby Roger Rabbit » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:39 am

Good Morning Daisy

I too like you wake early in the morning because of pain. I might manage to doze a little but I do not get back to sleep properly until after my daughter has gone to collage. So what I tend to do now, is try and do some jobs. cook the evening meal if I feel well enough then have and early lunch 11.30 -12 and a sleep straight afterwards. I am ready for them all to come in later in the evening. It also works out well with taking my meds at lunchtime as well.

I don't post much. but I have been in bed for five days now as I have got breathing problems on top of fibro at the moment and saw the GP yesterday. After all the tests I had done at the hospital (which weren't conclusive) she has finally seen me like this and has confirmed I have Asthma. Just got to get better now, bad enough sitting around with fibro let alone anything else!

Try and Pace your day and always try and remember to put some you time in. Even if its only half an hour for reading, surfing the net or painting your toe nails!

Hope the mornings a bits better.
Roger Rabbit
UKFM Member

Postby dotty lotty » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:41 am

3.30AM today so it looks like a :cat2: nap this afternoon. I have found in the mornings there is no point fighting getting back to :sleep: when it wont come.
Often you just have to sleep when your body tells you. My brain is still not in function mode to think of anything else :yikes: :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Postby migrembe » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:20 am

personally i would say listen to your body it is telling you something. i have found having a hot bath even at 3 in the morning allows the pain to settle so i can go back to sleep. been in bed for 3 days now, but such is life

beverley x
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby kazak » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:57 pm

hi all,
i to suffer with sleep problems i can be awake any time from 1ish, sometimes i can go back to sleep. there are times when i'm awake because of the pain and just go with it and do wot i can to relieve it but the times when it isn't pain and just can't sleep now that really bugs me. i lay there and my eyes are stinging i am so tired but can't sleep, i could really cry with frustration. i usually give myself half hr and if no joy get up and do something and try again when my son has gone to school.
kazak
UKFM Member

Postby pj1943 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:40 pm

Like you I am generally awake most nights between 3 and 4 with pain. :( The only way I can deal with it is to get up, take painkillers and wait for it to pass usually about an hour. I go back to bed and read until I can sleep again but I have to get up at 7 to give my dog her heart pill and then wait until 8 to feed her. There has to be an hour between the pill and food for Meg. I go back to bed after that and then fall asleep often until 11 or 12 when I wake usually feeling better. I used to beat myself up because as a rule I miss a lot of mornings which made me feel guilty but at least I get up with a better quality of life. Do whatever you feel is right for you as it seems there are no rules to follow with this illness - everyone finds there own way but it is great to have a forum like this where we can exchange our views and maybe pick up some ideas from each other. It is also great to be able to sound off knowing others understand and to know we are not in this alone.

Take care and hope you find a way to get some rest :sleep:
pj1943
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia