Raw food diet

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Raw food diet

Postby painprincess1 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:04 am

Yep I'm going to try it.i no u can't believe everything u read or see watch on the internet but it's going back millions of years really what u we all eat .just maybe cutting out all the processed foods and junk will A help me lose weight .
B help my guts.
C improve my skin hair nails and tiredness . So I'm going to try the 30 day trail and yes I'm sure my poor tummy won't no what's hit its.but my IBS is bad so what I got to lose
:-D
smiles and the world smiles with you. cry and you cry alone.
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Re: Raw food diet

Postby Lindilou » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:19 am

We are heading into Autumn, the days are getting colder. It is no longer summer therefore the body requires cooked food. Digestion is not good just with cold food, maybe have something hot with a side salad.
Lindilou

Postby migrembe » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:03 am

you could try fruit for breakfast? since pills have destroyed my stomach lining and i am finding it increasingly difficult to eat anything at all and gp suggested i cut out wheat and see if it helps, im up for it for the next 4-6 weeks to see what happens.

but a lightly home made vegetable soup might be good seeing as winter is round the corner. also include nuts seeds beans pulses and i am planning on making yoghurt to have once a day.

although i need to lose 100lbs and i am hoping to make my stomach feel better, i accept they'll be hiccups along the way. i am already a vegetarian or i was until my stomach gave up and i dont smoke, drink alcohol, tea or coffee but i do love breakfast cereal and digestive biscuits -its going to be interesting.

good luck would be interested to know how it goes.

sorry about bad grammar having to use hands free today. beverley x
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby rich44 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:35 pm

Don't know about raw food diet I don't think I would go along with any of these "faddy" diets just go with a good balanced home cooked food made from decent ingredients.

I'd recommend to any of us best thing you can ever do is buy a slow cooker for a few reasons.

There's minimal work involved
They cook food beautifully without drying it out
You can leave it on all day without ruining your meal
It's at table height so no bending picking up heavy dishes etc.

If you've never used one they cost peanuts and cost the same as a light bulb to run. I have a large one and cook whole chicken in it just pop it on a bit of rolled up foil to lift it up out of any fat and turn on 8 hours later cooked roast chicken that will melt in the mouth like nothing else.

Smaller ones are perfect for soup too. One of my favourites is Spanish chicken. Chicken breast, chorizo, chopped tomatoes whatever veg you fancy and a glug of red wine if you like.

Don't know how I ever lived without mine. Then whatever is left over pop in microwavable tupperware and hey presto decent quality ready meals...
rich44
UKFM Member

Postby iblinkin » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:35 pm

Hi painprincess1, i have had some very good success with my ibs and trust me it was terrible as you no doubt know! I started a diet for fibro this year and it has done wonders for me and it consists not eating "nightshade" foods and the result is i have dropped weight to the point i am wearing a medium shirt ( I'm a guy) and haven't worn med. since the '80's believe it or not potatoes which i love and would eat several times a week are not good for us as well as regular pasta, i now eat only whole wheat pasta or others like rice pasta... staying away from starchy foods is also very helpful. I could not eat a lot of foods and i am now reintroducing foods i haven't eatin' in ages, actually decades! I can eat eggs again!! I hope some of this helps in your quest to feel better and i wish you strength and good luck as well as success!
iblinkin
UKFM Member

Postby Willow5252 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:08 am

Hi, look life is hard enough without doing cartwheels with your diet. I would recommend a diet as natural as posible. Shredding a variety of vegetalbes you like in a food processor, and drizzling it with a dressing you like, or home made soups are all not that hard. But, I wanted to address the gut errosion that you referred to. I too have had issues with that, and past pharmaceutical meds. I found a good probiotic helped. Shop around. I initially was taking the liquid form from the supermarket fridge, and then I read a few things that said, that it wasn't as effective as a tablet or capsual form. It also saves having to store it in the fridge. all the best. It is a day to day battle :roll:
Willow5252
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:49 am

Wow I wasn't expecting such a knock from everyone lol. I'm not asking anyone else to try this I was just saying I am.and eating hot food in winter is abit like saying u need salad all summer .
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:53 am

I blinking ty and I'm glad u are doing so great with your diet keep it up :-D :-D
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby Lindilou » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:41 pm

Sorry, I just thought you were interested in everyones opinion !
Lindilou

Postby painprincess1 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:46 pm

Don't be sorry but I do have the right to reply don't i xxxx
Well maybe I should stick my opinion , lesson learned
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby Lindilou » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:10 pm

painprincess you have the right to do anything you like. It's just when any of us makes a post there is always feedback/ info from the rest of us, thats all.

I think I'll leave this forum
Lindilou

Postby migrembe » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:38 pm

personally eat what you like, it really as nothing to do with anyone else and that goes for all of us.
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby painprincess1 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:16 pm

Lou pls don't leave on my account . But u seemed very blunt so was I .if u go u go but I shall not be on here for a very long time which is sad as I been here a few years .
painprincess1
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:25 pm

No one needs to leave, we have said a few times we are all ultra sensitive at times and the written word can seem an awful lot harsher than the spoken one. I dont feel anyone was deliberately trying to hurt anyone else's feelings and maybe just accepting we all have different opinions (but thats all it is someone else's opinion)

You both have given lovely helpful advice in the past and it would be a loss to the forum to see either of you go so please ladies stay and forget this blip :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Helhit » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:20 pm

Hi I just wondered if you had looked at fodmap? It helps work out what foods might be aggravating the ibs.

For me it's lactose and fructose so I cut out things like apples, garlic and onions.

When I stick to it I must say it helps . It's worth looking at.
Fibro is like the wind. You can't see it and when it flares up it knocks you off your feet!
Helhit
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia