STRANGER AND STRANGER !

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

STRANGER AND STRANGER !

Postby Fibroised » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:02 pm

Hi all,
Having become so used to 'strange' symptoms suddenly appearing, I thought I had got used to them. But today I was stumped! I was told by my GP that I am anemic following a recent blood test!!! I have never been anemic in my life before, I have always had a good haemoglobin, and in fact only 2 months ago had no problem in giving blood! Now suddenly my haemoglobin has dropped! I eat a good balanced diet, always have and love tasty salady things especially in the summer. Can't think of any reason why I have suddenly become anemic ...... except for .............. Fibro!
Has anyone else experienced sudden anemia? My GP can't understand it either.

Soft hugs all around xxxx
Fibroised
UKFM Member

Re: STRANGER AND STRANGER !

Postby denys » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:11 pm

Fibro doesn't cause anaemia but lots of people seem to have similar problems and so it may be one of those things that go hand in hand with it. It is a very strange condition :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Fibroised » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:20 pm

Thanks Denys, isn't it just !!??
Fibroised
UKFM Member

Postby Janey63 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:47 pm

This has happened to me too! Never been anaemic in my life even when pregnant and now have to take iron 3 times a day!
Janey63
UKFM Newbie

Postby migrembe » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:28 pm

yes i became anaemic Hb dropped from 13.4 to 9.3 and the cause - the pills had caused a bleed in my stomach
migrembe
UKFM Member

Postby kayhealey » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:12 pm

Me too. Never before anemic, but now have to take Fe. Need to have lab work done soon to check levels now. My dr. didn't say how much iron to take!! So I just bought some at the druggist and took the dosage recommended.
kayhealey
UKFM Member

Postby Willow5252 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:33 am

I had alot of issues with low iron stores in the early stages of fibro. It is not uncommon. I read something interesting relating to that the other day. I think it was something to do with hormones and the interactions etc. Of course I can't recall it due to my Fibrofog. So you are not alone, many of us are low, and need to monitor it closely. all the best
Willow5252
UKFM Member

Postby Fibroised » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:57 am

Thanks everyone for your replies.
I am a bit more reassured now.
Soft hugs to all xxx :-)
Fibroised
UKFM Member

Postby crazy cat lady » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:41 am

I,ve just had a course of 10 vitamin B12 injections, iron tabs. and am still anaemic...I,ve never been anaemic before either, I was supposed to have a knee replacement op. but they wouldn,t do it because my blood count was too low.
crazy cat lady
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:32 pm

Fibroised wrote:Hi all,
Having become so used to 'strange' symptoms suddenly appearing, I thought I had got used to them. But today I was stumped! I was told by my GP that I am anemic following a recent blood test!!! I have never been anemic in my life before, I have always had a good haemoglobin, and in fact only 2 months ago had no problem in giving blood! Now suddenly my haemoglobin has dropped! I eat a good balanced diet, always have and love tasty salady things especially in the summer. Can't think of any reason why I have suddenly become anemic ...... except for .............. Fibro!
Has anyone else experienced sudden anemia? My GP can't understand it either.

Soft hugs all around xxxx

I'm no stranger to anemia but I mostly had it during my 3 pregnancies then randomly since. A blood test earlier in Aug showed anaemia and low white cell count. Had another blood test two weeks later that showed I'm no longer anaemic and bloods are fine! Very odd isnt it?
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia