Stress migraine and rant

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Stress migraine and rant

Postby Storm » Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:44 pm

Long story short I'm transgender, so dealing with the stress of that and not feeling at home in my own body, this week I decided it was time to do a deed poll for my name change. Trying to sort out witnesses to sign it and such, and worried I filled it in wrong.
It's been so stressful trying to do it the free/government route. My friends have been ever so helpful with the advice with it, but I just cannot deal with stress. It impacts me emotionally, and impacts me physically. Painkillers, and a spider head massager have done nothing to help.

I'm not formally diagnosed with FM by a rheumy, but I'm diagnosed with Ehlers-Danlos/Hypermobility, and FM is often linked, and they share most of the same symptoms anyway. I just feel more comfortable using this forum, than other forums I have tried out.
To top it off, I had my first physio session this week that I was referred for. Basically I'm a lost cause. There is so much pain everywhere in all my joints and such and muscles and bones, there's no clue where to start, and whatever I try to manage, it's only going to get worse with age anyway. She can't really help me, after going through a 45 minute consultation for nothing.

I already walk with a crutch at 23. I try to fight it and go out without a crutch, and then I flippin' regret it, because I'm too weak to stand and have to lean on something.
I think at 30 I might be in a wheelchair. :(

I'm in the process of waiting for my DLA to be updated to higher mobility component. I was on lower before, and higher care component. I don't know how long it will take. I sent it off the review pack about 2 weeks ago. I want to be able to apply for a Blue Badge, but I have to wait to see if I get the nod for higher mobility :(

Too much going on for my frail body and mind.
Storm
UKFM Member

Re: Stress migraine and rant

Postby shane ibbitson » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:44 pm

If you have replied for a DLA form it normally takes about 4 to 6 weeks Depending if you have written out the care opponent on the care form and high rate mobility. I have had fibromyalgia for nearly 15 yrs, it's hard to cope with. If you want a blue badge holders is harder now, you have to see if you win your case first ok, don't worry about it and get stressed over it, is that ok, sorry I forgot your name, hope that's helpful. From Shane Ibbitson
shane ibbitson
UKFM Newbie

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia