Had a Fall at work ='(

All your fibromyalgia experiences, questions and answers.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Had a Fall at work ='(

Postby E-Bunny » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:29 am

Hi Guys/Gals,

I slipped up at work last Tuesday ( On their "non Slippy" new painted glossy floor ), landed pretty badly and ended up taking a day off work ( although I should have taken more o.O )

Since then when i walk, after a minute or so i get this, and i can only describe it as though someone is pinching my right but cheek :oops:
It is always in exactly the same place and it goes quickly if i then sit don to rest !

But if i continue walking, within a few minutes that "but pinching" sensation the becomes a searing pain in my right side lower back, hip, right hand thigh and yes the but cheek too..

It becomes impossible to walk, bend ( as in to sit, or forward to pick something up ), stairs have become a "no go area" as even if this pain isn't present before i attempt the stairs, its guaranteed to be there before i reach the top o.O
The FM itself has become too much for me to cope with as it is, without this added on top :(

I have not been able to see my GP at all ( i have more chance of winning the lottery, than getting an appointment :evil: )

Has anyone ever experienced this kind of pain ? Is it FM or something caused by the fall i had last week ? Which i am miffed about as they wont pay me for time off that is their fault :shock:

Again as always,

All advice is greatly received

Tina x
E-Bunny
UKFM Member

Re: Had a Fall at work ='(

Postby aziriphale » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:26 pm

sounds to me like sciatica, you may of damaged the nerve or a disc when you fell

stuff the GP go to A&E or an out of hours emergency doctor, say the pain had got so bad you couldn't stand it anymore I have the same issue with my GP surgery
aziriphale
UKFM Member

Postby whoami » Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:50 pm

You should get it checked as soon as you can....you likely injured your back.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby iblinkin » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:46 pm

Hi E-Bunny, it does sound like a sciatica nerve may have been agravated due to your fall, i have my chiro take care of mine as the Dr. will only give you pills to mask the symptoms. Please keep in mind that it's normal to fall alot with fibro, I've had more than my share of falls and my body reminds me of this everyday. Good luck and stay strong!
iblinkin
UKFM Member

Postby lolabolla » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:26 pm

Please make sure that the fall was registered in the companies accident book.

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Postby carolad » Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:12 pm

It might also be your sacroiliac joint - a fall on your bum can knock your pelvis out of alignment. Might be worth getting it checked out.

Hope you feel better soon x
carolad
UKFM Member

Return to Living with Fibromyalgia